Students are awarded the Associate in Science or Associate in Arts degree, if they:
- Complete a minimum of 60 credit hours (exclusive of developmental courses) with a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 2.0 (exclusive of developmental courses). Each program of study lists the total credits required for completion.
- Earn a minimum of 15 credits through courses enrolled and successfully completed at BHCC (25% of the total credits for the program of study must be earned at BHCC).
- Complete all program requirements.
- Meet all requirements of the College, including payment of any outstanding financial obligations and submission of state-mandated immunization requirements.
BHCC diplomas say either Associate in Science or Associate in Arts; the program of study appears on the official BHCC transcript.
To qualify for a BHCC certificate, complete all course requirements for the certificate with a minimum of 25 percent of the required credit hours successfully completed at BHCC with a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.0 (exclusive of developmental courses).
If you are not sure if you are getting close to graduation:
- Run a Program Evaluation in your MyBHCC/WebAdvisor account.
- Direct questions to:
- assigned Advisor; or
- Department Chair; or
- meet with an Advisor in the LifeMap Commons, room E235.
Students enrolled in a certificate or degree program who anticipate completing all program requirements should apply for graduation in the semester they anticipate graduating or in the semester prior to their anticipated graduation.
|If you are going to finish all requirements in:||Apply as early as:|
|Summer (July or August)||preceding April|
|Fall (December)||preceding April|
|Spring (May or June)||preceding November/December|
Students may apply to earn additional degrees and certificates. To qualify, complete the required courses for each degree, as well as a minimum of 15 credit hours beyond the first and any subsequent degrees. After completing a graduation application, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be evaluated for the completion of more than one program.
BHCC requires that students apply for graduation.
Once you submit your application, an email confirmation will be sent to your BHCC email. The Academic Records Office will continue to communicate with you via BHCC email about your graduation application status.
BHCC graduates students three times per year.
|Successfully complete all courses and requirements by the end of:||Degree posted (i.e. on academic transcript) and diploma mailed:|
|Summer (July or August)||September/October|
|Spring (May or June)||June/July|
Bunker Hill Community College recognizes students’ academic achievement by applying the following designations to students’ diplomas and transcripts who have earned exemplary grade point averages during their stay at the College:
Highest Honors: Students who have completed degree requirements with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.90 - 4.00, less developmental credits.
High Honors: Students who have completed degree requirements with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.50 - 3.89, less developmental credits.
Honors: Students who have completed degree requirements with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.30 - 3.49, less developmental credits.
The College also gives honors awards for the highest grade point average, less developmental credits, in each program.
Additionally, students who have participated in Commonwealth Honors Program may graduate as a Commonwealth Honors Scholar.