Single Stop USA is a major initiative at Bunker Hill Community College, which connects students to state and federal financial resources and local community services. The aim is to help students surmount economic barriers, continue with their education, and move towards economic mobility with the ultimate goal toward ending cycles of poverty.
Statement to our Students
We are committed to helping you be successful. We understand that at times you may be facing financial difficulties and we want to help. You are not alone.
If you are having trouble affording food, please let us know. We are fortunate to be working with several groups that may be able to help you. Visit us in room D206 on the Charlestown Campus today.
BHCC Single Stop provides free and comprehensive social and financial resources.
- Free Tax Preparation - Get free assistance in filing your state and federal taxes through the IRS-approved VITA program, January 24 - April 20, 2017. Learn more about VITA.
- Financial Counseling - We offer private counseling services as well as workshops to help you establish and achieve your financial goals. Access free credit scores and reports, and learn to build your assets and manage debt.
- Mobile Food Pantry - In partnership with the Greater Boston Food Bank, we offer a mobile fod pantry each month. Dates and times are announced each month via email and in the BHCC Updates. Please register if you would like to attend.
- Health Insurance Assistance - Because of the Affordable Care Act, you are no longer required to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan. Single Stop can help you determine if you qualify and help you weigh your various health insurance options. Learn more.
- DTA/SNAP - food stamps, child care assistance, housing
- Health Insurance Assistance - assistance with weighing various health insurance options
- MRC/Project Impact - SSI/SSDI
- International Immigration Resources
- Legal Resources
- Fuel Assistance programs
- Dress for Success
- Community connections
- Housing Information
DCF ETV Workers are dedicated to helping foster youth with their pursuit of higher education and have developed a network of supports all over campuses across Massachusetts. Call a DCF Education and Training Social Worker today to find out how they can help you. Michelle Banks, Program Supervisor (617) 748-2430, Kristen Quinlan (617) 748-2204 or Judy Han (617) 748-2309.
For more information on sealing records and CORI reform, please see Greater Boston Legal Services's CORI & Juvenile Record Sealing Booklets
For more information, please visit the following resources for
Learn more about the TRiO Talent Search Program.