Single Stop USA is a major initiative at Bunker Hill Community College, which connects students to state and federal financial resources and local community services. The aim is to help students surmount economic barriers, continue with their education, and move towards economic mobility with the ultimate goal toward ending cycles of poverty.
Provides free and comprehensive social and financial resources
- Free Tax Preparation - Through the IRS approved VITA program, state and federal taxes may be completed (with special attention to any free tax credits students and their families may be eligible). Students may then apply for FAFSA once taxes are completed! The VITA program will be offering services January 27 - April 15, 2015. Learn more about VITA.
- Financial Counseling - Private counseling services to help you establish and achieve your financial goals. Access free credit scores and reports / learn to build your assets and assist you with debt management. Workshops helping students establish and achieve your financial goals.
- Mobile Food Pantry - Please register if you would like to attend.
- Health Insurance Assistance - Because of the Affordable Care Act, you are no longer required to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan. Single Stop can help you determine if you qualify and help you weigh your various health insurance options.
- DTA/SNAP - food stamps, child care assistance, housing
- Health Insurance Assistance - assistance with weighing various health insurance options
- MRC/Project Impact - SSI/SSDI
- International Immigration Resources
- Legal Resources
- Fuel Assistance programs
- Dress for Success
- Community connections
- Housing Information
DCF ETV Workers are dedicated to help foster youth with their pursuit of higher education and have developed a network of supports all over campuses across Massachusetts. Call a DCF Education and Training Social Worker today to find out how they can help you. Michelle Banks, Program Supervisor (617) 748-2430, Kristen Quinlan (617) 748-2204 or Judy Han (617) 748-2309.
For more information on sealing records and CORI reform, please see http://www.gbls.org/sites/default/files/GBLS_criminal_record_sealing_and_cori_reform.pdf
For more information, please visit the following resources for
For more information, please visit TRiO Talent Search Program