Access to databases is not limited to on-campus and from a desktop. You can now add a database app to your mobile device, and you can also access the databases from off-campus.
Click here for a list of WEBSITES (like the Internet Archive and Project Gutenberg) that provide free and open content.
View information on adding apps for EBSCO and Gale.
View information on how to access the databases from off-campus and what information you need.
Click here for a list of current Current Print Periodicals (which can be found in our Reference Area in the Library).
Quick Links to Databases - General
- Sage Publishing Online
When performing a search in this database, please click on Browse in the "Search and Browse Journals by Discipline" box. On the next page, click on "SAGE Journals Available to Me".
- Salem Press eBooks
The Salem Press eBook collection provides access to multiple eBook titles covering Literature, Health, Science, and History. The full text of all titles can be searched, browsed, printed, and downloaded.
- Academic OneFile - Large, general-purpose collection from Gale. Includes many peer-reviewed titles and covers virtually every subject area.
- Academic Search Premier - Large, general purpose collection from EBSCO. Includes many peer-reviewed titles and covers virtually every subject area.
- Art & Architecture Complete - Includes full-text coverage of more than 370 periodicals and more than 220 books with coverage dating back to 1937. It also includes cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 770 academic journals, magazines and trade publications, as well as for nearly 230 books. Uniquely, Art & Architecture Complete contains selective coverage for over 60 additional publications, and an image collection of over 63,000 images provided by Picture Desk and others. From EBSCO.
- ARTstor - The ARTstor Digital Library provides more than one million images with tools for teaching and research. Its collections comprise contributions from outstanding museums, photographers, libraries, scholars, photo archives, and artists and artists' estates from all over the world.
- Biography in Context - Search for people, both current and historic, from all eras and fields of endeavor. Biography in Context is a Gale database.
- Books & Authors - Books & Authors helps bring readers and literature together. Explore genre fiction and essential non-fiction titles with an innovative user interface. From Gale.
- Business Collection - Perform in-depth research on management issues, economic indicators and business theories and practices, as well as on the activities of companies and industries. From Gale.
- Business Insights: Essentials - Bringing together company profiles, brand information, rankings, investment reports, company histories, chronologies and periodicals. From Gale.
- Business Source Premier - Full text coverage in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics. From EBSCO.
- Chronicle of Higher Education - Academic world's primary source of news and trend analysis. Includes fully searchable full-text articles, job announcements, reports on developments in information technology, and links to other Internet resources in higher education.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text - This database provides full-text access to journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. From EBSCO. CINAHL stands for Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature
- CQ Researcher - Lengthy, original, and comprehensive reports and analysis on current news topics. Great for current events research and opinion papers. From Sage.
- Credo Reference - Full-text encyclopedias and guides to most areas of study. Includes titles like: law and medical dictionaries, art and art image guides, food, music, science, and technology encyclopedias. Also includes Mind Map, Credo's brainstorming tool.
- ProQuest Criminal Justice - Provides access to over 200 publications in criminal justice, encompassing corrections administration, criminal and family law, drug rehabilitation, industrial security, law enforcement, and social work. From ProQuest. Also listed under the letter "P".
- Daedalus - Online journal. Full text coverage from Winter 2004 to Fall 2006. Journal of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- TDR/The Drama Review - Online journal. Full text coverage from Spring 1998 to Summer 2003 and Summer 2004 to Spring 2007.
- EasyBib - Citation tool. Use to create citations.
- eBook Collection (from EBSCO) - Access to the full-text of over 3,300 eBooks on subjects as diverse as computer programming, current literature, medicine, business, and law. 1,600 Project Gutenberg books, representing classic historical and literary works that have moved into the public domain, are also available. The EBSCO eBook Collection was formerly known as NetLibrary.
- ebrary - ebrary is a large collection of eBooks spanning multiple subject areas. With ebrary, you can search and view the full text of thousands of books through your web browser. You can also download some of them to the device of your choosing. From ProQuest.
- Educator's Reference Complete - Content focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology, and best practices in education. From Gale.
- eLibrary - Full-text, general subject magazines, newspapers, and reference books as well as transcripts, maps, pictures, web links and audio-visual files. Great for current events. From ProQuest.
- ERIC - The Educational Resources Information Center is a national information system designed to provide users with ready access to an extensive body of education-related literature.
- Ethnic Newswatch - Over 200 publications of the ethnic, minority and native press; searchable in both English and Spanish, with titles in both languages and more than 100,000 articles in Spanish. From ProQuest.
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750 - Created in cooperation with the John Carter Brown Library, this resource from “European Americana: A Chronological Guide to Works Printed In Europe Relating to The Americas, 1493-1750,” the authoritative bibliography that is well-known and respected by scholars worldwide. The database contains more than 32,000 entries and is a comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750. From EBSCO.
- Expanded Academic ASAP - From arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines. From Gale.
- Facts On File Issues & Controversies - Issues and Controversies helps researchers understand the crucial issues we face today, exploring more than 800 hot topics in business, politics, government, education, and popular culture. Updated weekly, with links to a 12-year back-file, Issues and Controversies offers in-depth articles made to inspire thought-provoking debates. This database is great for research papers and debate preparation.
- Facts on File Issues & Controversies in American History - This accessible educational database delivers dynamic, concise, and balanced coverage that provides the background, outcome, and contemporary points of view for every major debate and conflict in American history. From Infobase.
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center - Provides information in three areas in terms of careers and jobs: Job and Industry Profiles, Job-Hunting and Workplace Skills, and Career and Industry Resources. From Infobase.
- Films on Demand - Provides access to thousands of streaming videos in a wide range of subject areas.
- Food Science Source - This database provides cover to cover full-text coverage from over 1,400 food industry related publications Also included are over 1,000 market and food industry reports and tens of thousands of articles from other magazines and journals. From EBSCO.
- Gale Science in Context - Thousands of topic overviews, experiments, biographies, pictures, illustrations, and the latest scientific developments. From Gale.
- Gale U.S. History in Context - Access to over 4,000 historical (primary) documents, articles from more than 30 reference titles, and over 110 full-text journal covering themes, events, individuals and periods in U.S. history from pre-Colonial times to the present. From Gale.
- Gale World History in Context - An array of primary sources, images, maps and charts which provide expansive geographic and chronologic research materials for the study of world history. From Gale.
- General OneFile - A large, general-topic database from Gale. A one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics.
- General Reference Center Gold - A general interest database that integrates a variety of sources - newspapers, reference books, magazines, and trade publications. From Gale.
- Global Issues in Context - Offers international viewpoints on a broad spectrum of global issues, topics, and current events. Featured are hundreds of continuously updated issue and country portals that bring together a variety of specially selected, highly relevant sources for analysis of social, political, military, economic, environmental, health, and cultural issues. From Gale.
- GreenFILE -Covers all aspects of human impact to the environment. This collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. From EBSCO.
- Health Reference Center Academic - Provides access to the full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources in Gale's award-winning Health Reference Center.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition - A collection of consumer health information covering many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health. From EBSCO.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition - Scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names. From EBSCO.
- Journal of Web Librarianship - Online journal. An international, peer-reviewed journal focused on all aspects of librarianship as practiced on the World Wide Web, including both existing and emerging roles and activities of information professionals.
- JSTOR - Contains the backfiles (older issues) of over 50 scholarly journals; the most recent several years (usually three-five years) of any particular journal are not available via JSTOR. Includes almost one hundred years worth of articles.
- Kids InfoBits - A database developed especially for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5. Featuring a developmentally appropriate, visually graphic interface. From Gale.
- LexisNexis Academic - Provides access to national and international newspapers, business and industry reports, and legal information including law reviews, federal and state laws, and individual cases.
- Literature Resource Center (LRC) - Find up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines. From Gale.
- MasterFILE Premier - A general topic database that provides full text for nearly 1,700 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest. From EBSCO.
- MAS Ultra: School Edition - Contains full text for nearly 500 popular, high school magazines, more than 360 full text reference books, 85,670 biographies, 105,786 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 460,000 photos, maps & flags. From EBSCO.
- Men in Nursing - Online journal. March 2009 to January 2010 available.
- MedlinePlus - Medline Plus is a health information Web site for patients, families and other consumers. Medline Plus contains carefully selected links to Web resources with authoritative health information on over 800 health topics, as well as dictionaries, directories, organizations, and news stories.
- Medline via EBSCO - Search the contents of Medline through EBSCO. Provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine. Medline can also be used directly through the Pubmed website.
- Middle Search Plus - Provides full text for more than 140 popular, middle school magazines. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for thousands of biographies and historical essays. From EBSCO.
- New England Quarterly - Online journal. A journal devoted to New England's cultural, literary, political, and social history.
- Newspaper Source - Provides cover-to-cover full text for 47 national (U.S.) & international newspapers. From EBSCO.
- The New York Times - Search the full text of The New York Times (starting in 1985). From Gale.
- Nurse Educator - Online journal. Issues available: January/February 1996 to present.
- Nursing - Online journal. Issues available: January 2002 to present.
- Nursing Research - Online journal. Issues available: January/February 1996 to present.
- Overdrive - Provides online access to downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks. From NOBLE.
- Points of View Reference Center - A collection of topic overviews, and analysis presenting both sides of many current and controversial issues. Great for opinion and argument papers. From EBSCO.
- Primary Search - Provides full text for more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). From EBSCO.
- Professional Development Collection - Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals. From EBSCO.
- ProQuest Criminal Justice - Provides access to over 200 publications in criminal justice, encompassing corrections administration, criminal and family law, drug rehabilitation, industrial security, law enforcement, and social work. From ProQuest.
- PsycARTICLES - A robust database offering complete access to the full text of more than 100 landmark journals in behavioral science and related fields ranging from education, to nursing, to business, to neuroscience.
- PubMed/Medline - A database of professional biomedical literature. PubMed is a Web-based, searchable database of over 17 million article references published in more than 5000 biomedical journals and magazines. Pubmed contains a mix of full-text and citation-only articles. To access the freely accessible articles, click on "Free full text available" under "Text availability".
- Regional Business News - Coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States. From EBSCO.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection - Coverage of such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy. From EBSCO.
- Sage Publishing Online - provides online full-text access to 16 academic journals across multiple disciplines. Please note that coverage ranges correspond to past library subscriptions and do not necessarily cover up to the present day. Download the PDF for a title list and coverage ranges.
When performing a search in this database, please click on Browse in the "Search and Browse Journals by Discipline" box. On the next page, click on "SAGE Journals Available to Me".
- Salem Press eBooks - The Salem Press eBook collection provides access to multiple reference titles covering Literature, Health, Science, and History. The full text of all titles can be searched, browsed, printed, and downloaded.
- Science Full-Text Select - Focusing on General Science, Applied Science and Technology, and Agriculture. Subjects include the study of food and energy issues, the environment, biological and chemical sciences, and engineering and computing technology. From EBSCO.
- Science Online - Online magazine (from AAAS - American Association for the Advancement of Science).
- Science Reference Center - Science Reference Center™ is a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full-text science-oriented content. Topics covered include biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife. From EBSCO. Science Reference Center can also be accessed through a unique stand-alone interface. The same content is available through the standard EBSCO interface above.
- The Serials Directory - Provides access to the most up-to-date and accurate bibliographic information as well as current pricing structures for popular serials. From EBSCO.
- SocINDEX with Full Text - Offers comprehensive coverage of sociology, encompassing all sub-disciplines and closely related areas of study. Subjects include abortion, criminology & criminal justice, demography, ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, marriage & family, political sociology, religion, rural & urban sociology, social development, social psychology, social structure, social work, socio-cultural anthropology, sociological history, sociological research, sociological theory, substance abuse & other addictions, violence and many others. From EBSCO.
- Teacher Reference Center - Indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators. From EBSCO.
- Videatives - Database of short videos geared to Early Childhood Education.
- WestlawNext - Please see a Bunker Hill Community College Library & Learning Commons librarian for access.