Bunker Hill Community College is working with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students an alternative method to paying student bills. This payment option allows you to pay your student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically. You have a lot to think about when applying to a college abroad, including entering international markets to make payments for tuition and other college fees.
Some of the complications you can encounter using current payment processes (international wire transfers or bank drafts) include:
- Payments are in a currency different from your local currency.
- International wires are costly due to high banking fees.
- Retail exchange rates are high.
- Payment details provided by your banking institution to the college are sometimes incomplete, which can cause additional time for the college to apply the payment to your student account.
Advantages of using this payment method include:
- You can easily obtain a foreign currency quote by choosing “Pay with Foreign Currency” from the Student Accounts website
- You make your payment in the currency of your choice which will then be converted to U.S. Dollars
- There are NO additional transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or Bunker Hill Community College, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank
- The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours after the transaction is initiated, taking the uncertainty out of the total payment amount
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to most banks’ retail rates
- Payments received will include your reference information, which ensures that your payment reaches your student account quickly
- Payments will be electronically transmitted to Bunker Hill Community College ensuring timely posting, typically two to five business days from when you initiate the payment
Steps To make a payment
Step 1: Go to BHCC GlobalPay for Students
- Enter student details (name, ID number, payment term)
- Pay tuition or fees
- Choose method of payment “Pay with Foreign Currency”
Step 2: Process Payment
- Choose currency type*
- Input amount owed in U.S. Dollars and a payment quote will be generated
- Review and agree to terms and conditions
Step 3: Bank Transfer
- Use payment confirmation form to make a payment in person, online, or by phone at your bank
- Local bank will transfer funds to Western Union Business Solutions and they will send the funds to us
Step 4: Payment Finalized
- Bunker Hill Community College will post the U.S. Dollar equivalent to your student account once the funds are received by Western Union Business Solutions, generally two to five business days after your local bank initiates payment