Thank you for enrolling in a course or program through Community Education.
Unless your book is covered by the tuition, you will need to purchase your book separately. Certain Community Education (CE) courses require book purchase from the college bookstore while other courses require you to purchase the book elsewhere. The information on this page shows you courses that requires a book purchase and how to obtain them, as well as courses that do not require a book purchase.
Community Education courses requiring a book purchase from the college bookstore
The books below require you to buy your book from the college bookstore. This ensures that you have the right book for your course.
- BSN-124E “SHRM Learning System S/CP Certification”
- BSN-124AE “SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management”
- TRG-101E and TSG-101E “TEAS Test Prep”
- GED-104AE “HiSet Exam Prep”
- TFL-101E “TOEFL Preparation”
- BSN-126E “PMP Exam Preparation”
- WCE-473E “Real Estate Sales”
- Basic Language Literacy (BLL) students
Instructions to find and purchase your book from the college bookstore
Order Your Book Online
Visit https://www.bkstr.com/bhccstore/shop/textbooks-and-course-materials. Use your BHCC student seven-digit ID to quickly find your textbook.
If you do not have your seven-digit student BHCC ID number handy, click “Enter Courses” and select the semester with the words "Elevate WFD" under “Term”. In the Department field, select the course. In the “Select Course” field, choose the course number. In the “Section” field, choose the right section. Then click "Find Materials for (1) Course" box. Order your book. Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, and Discover.
Buy the Book In-Person
The bookstore is located on the 4th floor of the E-building, Charlestown campus, located at 250 New Rutherford Avenue in Charlestown, MA. Before going to the bookstore, visit their store operating hours.
Have questions? Contact the bookstore at 617-228-2304 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you purchase the book, do not break the packaging until after the class has started. If the course is canceled, the college bookstore will only accept book returns if it is still wrapped in its original packaging.
Course textbooks to be purchased outside of the college bookstore
Specific instructions to buy the book for these courses:
- NON-108E Cybersecurity: Immediate Immersion -- This course requires a textbook, which can be purchased at the publisher's website. Once you are registered for the course, buy the book here: https://nostarch.com/packetanalysis3.
- Personal Trainer Certification Program -- Register for the course and add the book to the cart here: https://www.witseducation.com/fit/store-shop/certified-personal-trainer-course-at-bunker-hill-community-college/
- Intensive English Students: purchase your book here:https://www.cambridge.org/us/cambridgeenglish/storefront/bunker-hill-community-college-iep-storefront
- BEL students: purchase your book here: https://www.cambridge.org/us/cambridgeenglish/storefront/bunker-hill-community-college-workforce-development-storefront
If questions about your BLL or BEL book ordering, please contact Sonia Sharma at email@example.com.
If questions about your IEP book ordering, please contact Jenny Bobea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Education courses that do not require a textbook purchase.
If you have registered for any one or more of the healthcare courses listed below, you will be receiving your course start up instructions, e-book, and Zoom link (if six or more students) to the email address you used to register for the course within two days of the course start date. Your materials will be emailed from this email address: Learner Support, email@example.com.
Hybrid Dental Assisting
Hybrid EKG Technician
Hybrid Phlebotomy Technician
Hybrid Veterinary Assistant
For the course below, the instructor will be providing her own materials.
Beginning Spanish 1 and 2
Access Your Course
Community Education Course Delivery Options
If your class is Moodle-enabled, you must set up your BHCC account to access your course in Moodle. To set up your BHCC account, go to this page for instructions on how to self-retrieve your username and password to set up your account.
Even if your course is not Moodle-enabled, it is recommended you set up your BHCC account. If you have issues with setting up your BHCC account, please contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following Community Education classes are Moodle-enabled:
- SHRM Learning System - Tuesday section only
- SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management
- TEAS Science & Math
- Pre-License Real Estate Sales
- PMP Exam Prep
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Foundations of IT Support (Also Known As “CompTIA A+ Certification Preparation”)
If you require assistance to access you Moodle-enabled course, please visit AIDE and you may access help by email or virtual support.