Book Purchase, BHCC Account Set Up, BHCC Photo ID, Course Access, Directions and Parking
Unless your book is covered by the tuition cost, you will need to purchase your book separately online from the college bookstore. Do not buy the book from any place other than the college bookstore to ensure that you have the right book for your course. Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, and Discover.
Instructions to find and purchase your book from the college bookstore
Visit https://www.bkstr.com/bhccstore/shop/textbooks-and-course-materials. Use your BHCC student seven-digit ID to quickly find your textbook.
If you do not have your seven-digit student BHCC ID number handy, click “Enter Courses” and select the semester with the words "Elevate WFD" under “Term”. In the Department field, select the course. In the “Select Course” field, choose the course number. In the “Section” field, choose the right section. Then click "Find Materials for (1) Course" box. Order your book. If you have questions, you may call the bookstore at 617-228-2304.
If you are registered for any of the courses listed below, you will need to buy the book from the college bookstore. You may follow the instructions above or click your course to get to the course page for book ordering instructions:
- SHRM Learning System, BSN-124E (https://www.bhcc.edu/shrm/)
- SHRM Essentials of Human Resources, BSN-124AE (https://www.bhcc.edu/corporatetraining/shrmessentialsofhr/)
- TEAS Test Prep, TRG-101E or TSG-101E
- HiSet Exam Prep, GED-104AE
- TOEFL Prep, TFL-101E
- PMP Exam Prep, BSN-126E
- Real Estate Sales, WCE-473E
Once you purchase the book, do not break the packaging until after the class has started. If the course is canceled, the college bookstore will only accept book returns if they are still wrapped in their original packaging. Book returns will not be accepted if it is not in its original packaging.
The courses below require a textbook, but they are not available for purchase at the college bookstore. Please click the course link for specific instructions to buy the book for these courses:
- Basic English Language Learners (Self-pay BELL students only) – Contact Sonia Sharma at 617-228-2462 or firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions to buy the book.
How to Set Up Your BHCC Account
You are required to set up your BHCC account to do business with BHCC.
Please click the link BHCC Self Retrieval Account Set Up, to access the username and password self-retrieval instructions. Once you obtain your username and password, you are all set with your BHCC account set up. Complete the account set up as soon as possible.
Please note you have two accounts
- Your Elevate account is used to register for non-credit courses only. Your username and password for Elevate you used to register for non-credit courses will remain the same.
- The BHCC account you set up is for you to access Moodle-enabled courses, BHCC email, and do business with BHCC while on campus. This is also known as your Self-Service account.
If you encounter any issues with retrieving your username and password, please email the Helpdesk at email@example.com. As the Helpdesk staff is working remotely, they will respond by email only.
Obtaining Your BHCC Photo ID
Beginning January 3, 2022, all students coming to any of the BHCC campuses are required to show a BHCC ID card, either a physical card or a digital card. If your course is taught remotely, online, and you will not be on campus, you do not need to apply for a BHCC Photo ID.
To obtain your BHCC Photo ID, you must first have completed your BHCC account set up before you can apply for your BHCC ID. If you have not set up your BHCC account, please visit the section “How to Set Up Your BHCC Account” to learn how to set it up. Once you have completed your BHCC account set up, return to this section to read the instructions on how to upload your photo to get your BHCC ID.
You will need to upload a photo to get a virtual ID using this link: https://bhccstudentlink.atriumcampus.com/index.php?cid=104
When you click on the link, go to students/staff login and using your normal login information, follow the instructions to add your photo. Once your photo is uploaded and approved, you can then access a virtual ID that you can keep on your phone, or you can come to Student Central to pick an actual card.
Please complete this task at your earliest convenience.
To have your ID Card available upon your arrival, you may submit your photo on this site. All photos must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to pick up. This will ensure the Card Office staff time to print your card. All photo submission status notifications will be delivered to your email account (approvals, rejections, etc.)
You may use either the virtual ID or the physical ID card to show security when you arrive on campus. If you have questions about this process, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure your photo is accepted, you must meet the following criteria:
- Take a current or recent photo
- Save as jpg/jpeg
- Plain white or off-white background/wall ( no patterns, textures or scenic backgrounds).
- Centered face with neutral facial expression or a natural smile.
- Face straight ahead; No tilting head or angles.
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone.
- No hats, scarves or sunglasses or any article that may obstruct the face or hair.
- No other visible people or objects.
- High-resolution photography strongly recommended
- No filters of any kind (black & white, sepia, Photoshop, etc.)
- Image Width 300px and Image Height 350px
If you choose to pick up a physical card, you will need to come to campus to do so but only after you have uploaded your photo to the site. Prior to arriving at Student Central for your ID card pick-up appointment, please be sure to bring a photo ID. Forms of ID that are acceptable are:
- University, College or School ID cards from other educational institutions
- Government-issued ID
- Company-issued ID
- Native Tribal ID
- Temporary state ID
- Driver’s permit
Access Your Course
- If your class is remote/online and is instructor-led, you will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to join the class within two days of the class start date.
- If your class is remote/online, but is self-paced, you will get instructions by email from a staff member on how to begin your class.
Directions to the College and Campus Parking
Directions to the college: https://www.bhcc.edu/charlestowndirections/
Campus Parking -- You may purchase a semester or daily permit. Rules, regulations, and cost can be found here https://www.bhcc.edu/parking/. Click the Charlestown Campus for more details. Students are only allowed to park in Lots 1 or 2. Any questions or concerns, call ABM at 617-482-2487 or see the parking lot attendant. Cars parked without a semester parking permit will be towed.