BHCC Account Set Up, BHCC Photo ID, Vaccination Card, Directions to the College and Campus Parking
How to Set Up Your BHCC Account
Thank you for enrolling in Community Education Courses. Setting up your BHCC account gives you access to Moodle-enabled courses, access to the college’s WiFi, upload your vaccine documentation and receive other college service.
As a Community Education student you have two accounts.
- Your Elevate account
This is used for registration for non-credit courses only. The username and password for Elevate you used to register for non-credit courses will remain the same. You should receive an email with confirmation of your course enrollment from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your BHCCselfservice account
This is for you to access Moodle-enabled courses, BHCC email, upload vaccine proof, and do business with BHCC while on campus. You need to enroll in BHCC's Self-Service to use most college services.
It is recommended you set up your BHCCselfservice account as soon as possible to obtain maximum access and benefit while attending BHCC.
Follow the step-by-step instructions outlined below, or download the BHCC Self Retrieval Account Set Up, to help you self-retrieve both your username and password. Once you obtain your username and password, you will have set up your BHCC account.
BHCC Self-Retrieval Account Set Up
To retrieve your BHCCselfservice username and password:
- Go to https://selfservice.bhcc.edu
- Click the “Forgot your Username link
- Enter your First Name, Last Name and the email address you used to register for your course. Click submit.
- You will have received an email with your username. Go to your email and get your username.
- Go back to https://selfservice.bhcc.edu and click the Forgot your password link.
- Enter the retrieved username and your email address, click submit.
- You will have received an email with password reset link. Click this link and reset your password. Please choose a complex password that includes lower and upper case letters along with numbers or symbols.
- You can use this username password combination to access:
Please contact our helpdesk. Email: email@example.com Phone: 617-228-3441
NOTE 1: Please allow 24 hours after registration to set up your BHCC account.
NOTE 2: If you are a returning BHCC student and your BHCC account is still active, there is no need to set up your account again. If you have not been taking classes at BHCC for two consecutive semesters, your account is de-activated and you will need to contact TSS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that it be re-activated.
If you have questions about setting your BHCC account, please email email@example.com. As the Helpdesk staff is working remotely, they will respond by email only.
Vaccination Card Upload
It is assumed that you have already attached the vaccination card during the course registration process. If any problems occurred and the operation was not successful, please email your vaccination card to Commed@bhcc.edu, typing your full name and mentioning "Please upload vaccine card" in the subject line.
Obtaining Your BHCC Photo ID
Beginning January 3, 2022, all students coming to any of the BHCC campuses are required to show a BHCC ID card, either a physical card or a digital card. If your course is taught remotely, online, and you will not be on campus, you do not need to apply for a BHCC Photo ID.
To obtain your BHCC Photo ID, you must first have completed your BHCC account set up before you can apply for your BHCC ID. If you have not set up your BHCC account, please visit the section “How to Set Up Your BHCC Account” to learn how to set it up. Once you have completed your BHCC account set up, return to this section to read the instructions on how to upload your photo to get your BHCC ID.
You will need to upload a photo to get a virtual ID using this link: https://bhccstudentlink.atriumcampus.com/index.php?cid=104
When you click on the link, go to students/staff login and using your normal login information, follow the instructions to add your photo. Once your photo is uploaded and approved, you can then access a virtual ID that you can keep on your phone, or you can come to Student Central to pick an actual card.
Please complete this task at your earliest convenience.
To have your ID Card available upon your arrival, you may submit your photo on this site. All photos must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to pick up. This will ensure the Card Office staff time to print your card. All photo submission status notifications will be delivered to your email account (approvals, rejections, etc.)
You may use either the virtual ID or the physical ID card to show security when you arrive on campus. If you have questions about this process, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure your photo is accepted, you must meet the following criteria:
- Take a current or recent photo
- Save as jpg/jpeg
- Plain white or off-white background/wall ( no patterns, textures or scenic backgrounds).
- Centered face with neutral facial expression or a natural smile.
- Face straight ahead; No tilting head or angles.
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone.
- No hats, scarves or sunglasses or any article that may obstruct the face or hair.
- No other visible people or objects.
- High-resolution photography strongly recommended
- No filters of any kind (black & white, sepia, Photoshop, etc.)
- Image Width 300px and Image Height 350px
If you choose to pick up a physical card, you will need to come to campus to do so but only after you have uploaded your photo to the site. Prior to arriving at Student Central for your ID card pick-up appointment, please be sure to bring a photo ID. Forms of ID that are acceptable are:
- University, College or School ID cards from other educational institutions
- Government-issued ID
- Company-issued ID
- Native Tribal ID
- Temporary state ID
- Driver’s permit
Directions to the College and Campus Parking
Directions to the college: https://www.bhcc.edu/charlestowndirections/
Campus Parking -- You may purchase a semester or daily permit. Rules, regulations, and cost can be found here https://www.bhcc.edu/parking/. Click the Charlestown Campus for more details. Students are only allowed to park in Lots 1 or 2. Any questions or concerns, call ABM at 617-482-2487 or see the parking lot attendant. Cars parked without a semester parking permit will be towed.