Transfer Pathways from BHCC to UMass Boston
Transfer to UMass Boston in 6 Steps
- Meet with an advisor to discuss your academic goals and determine a major or pathway:
- Make a virtual Appointment
- Advisors are also available on campus on a walk-in basis at the Charlestown campus E235 (Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Friday 12-4 p.m.)
- Register for and Attend a Transfer 101 Workshop
- Sign up for a UMass Boston Transfer Application Day at BHCC where you can get help filling out the application and have your essays and fees waived OR Schedule an appointment with Zinkenyu D Knight, UMass Boston Transfer Enrollment Counselor for BHCC students
- Submit a UMass Boston Application
- Submit your official transcripts to UMass Boston electronically using the National Student Clearinghouse. Select UMass Boston Undergraduate Admissions as the destination.
- Complete FAFSA and add UMass Boston to application. For more information on financial aid at UMB, see Cost and Aid for transfer students.
Note: Students who complete an Associate’s degree with a cumulative gpa of 3.0 gpa and enroll at UMass Boston within one year of completion are eligible for a Mass Transfer Tuition Credit of up to $1,714 per year for two years. (Credit is only applicable to daytime classes)
Transfer Application Deadlines
|Transfer Application Deadlines|
|Fall Semester (Domestic)||June 15|
|Spring Semester||December 15|
|Traditional Nursing Program*||Spring Start - November 1
Fall Start - March 1
Summer Start - February 1
*TEAS exam scores are not required for traditional or accelerated nursing applicants. Both programs are "TEAS Optional." Students who would like their TEAS scores considered are welcome to submit them; we recommend a 75 or higher on each section if submitting scores.
Admissions Requirements for the Traditional Nursing Program
Transferring Credits to Umass Boston
Curious how your credits will transfer to UMass Boston?
- Create a free account with Transferology and get access to the course database.
- Search to see what classes are eligible to transfer from BHCC to UMass Boston.
- Run a degree audit to see what courses are required for your major of choice.
- Note: these results are unofficial. Admitted students will be provided an official transfer credit evaluation upon admission.
Transferology Video Guides
- Get Started with Transferology for Free - See How Your Courses Will Transfer to UMass Boston
- Plan Ahead - Determine What Courses to Take Now that Transfer to UMass Boston
- Match Your Prior Coursework to a UMass Boston Program
Questions about your transfer credit? Schedule an individual appointment with a UMass Boston transfer counselor or request an unofficial transfer credit evaluation.
Transfer Pathways to UMass Boston
The best way to maximize your transfer of credits to Umass Boston is to complete a pathway.
- Mass Transfer:
- Visit Mass Transfer to see other majors that transfer directly from BHCC to UMass Boston.
- Liberal Arts majors interested in Psychology are encouraged to follow one of these pathways:
- Students who have graduated from BHCC’s Associate’s in Nursing are eligible to complete their BSN at UMass Boston through the RN to BSN Articulation Agreement