Rapid Recovery & Reemployment (R3) Short-term Training
BHCC’s Rapid Recovery and Reemployment (R3) Program is a unique opportunity that allows students or community members impacted by the COVID-19 economic downturn to get back in the game with possible financial support. Eligible participants may have access to full tuition and materials scholarships. These short-term trainings will allow a student to study over a shorter period of time, develop skills in a field, and earn an industry-recognized credential, which makes them employable quicker. Students will be required to meet attendance and other requirements to access all funding opportunities. View R3 FAQs for more information.
Students who are unemployed or demonstrate great financial need will be considered first especially if you do not have financial assistance through another resource.
- Are you unemployed or working part time making less than 17.00 per hour?
- New to the workforce?
- Have you received a Pell grant?
- Are you collecting food stamps or other transitional assistance benefits?
- Do you live in subsidized housing?
If you have questions about your eligibility or the requirements, please contact Lateia Johnson, R3 Coordinator, email@example.com
Cisco Networking Technology Certification, (CPT-100E-N02)
July 19 - September 3, 2021
*This class has four seats left but is accepting students on a waitlist
Starting July 19 for 7 to 8 weeks, this course is 108 hours with preparation for a Cisco certified networking administrator industry-recognized credential (CCNA). Taught by Professor Nate Bowen, the class is up to 25 hours per week. Scheduled class time TBD.
Enrolled students will develop the skills for a networking administrator position, and prepare for passing the industry-recognized credential. The class is free and all associated costs will be provided including exam fees, materials, etc. Students will be paid a stipend to participate. This is a great opportunity to develop a new career. Students who are unemployed or demonstrate financial need will be considered first.
If you can answer yes to two of these three questions, you should be able to meet the skills required for the class. This program will be rigorous, so please be honest in your self-evaluation.
- Have you taken computer science or information technology classes before or have worked in the field as an entry-level worker or above?
- Do you understand the difference between hardware and software?
- Do you have a working knowledge of computers by using the internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, or other programs regularly?
If you have no computer experience at all, this program may not be the right fit for you. There will be a pre-assessment to determine if the program is the best fit for the student. Please feel free to leave us an email of what you are interested in and we will direct you to the right program.
Financially supported seats are indicated, first-come-first-serve
IT Support Technician- take this two course program and earn two credentials for an Entry Level IT Technician job. 15 seats are open in each course and you need both to complete the certificate.
NON-500E “Part 1 – Cisco Networking”
Start Date: Tuesday & Thursday, August 10 - September 14, 2021
Time: 12 - 3 p.m., Professor Youssef Sabouni
NON-501E “Part 2 – Comp TIA A Plus”
Start Date: Monday & Wednesday, August 11 - September 15, 2021
Time: 1 - 4 p.m., Professor Michael Harris
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant - Fall 2021, 3 seats available
- EMT- Emergency Medical Technician - Fall 2021- 3 seats available
- Dental Assisting Technician: Contact Jack Chan to enroll, firstname.lastname@example.org 5 seats available
- EKG - Electrocardio Technician: combined with Phlebotomy Technician: Contact Jack Chan to enroll, email@example.com, 5 seats available
- Medical Interpreting and a new Home Heath Aide program coming in Fall 2021- 10-15 seats available
- Cyber Security *starting September 9. Only 5 seats available for financial assistance.
- HiSet Starter program- Students who need to complete their high school equivalence through HiSet, state approved credential, will have the opportunity to access our testing prep program and exams, free of charge, if they commit to enroll in one of the above short term training programs. for ex. Enroll in HiSet for fall, test in December and enroll for next available training section.