Summer Transition Program 2021
Join BHCC this fall as a new, transfer, or readmitted student and get a head start this summer at no cost to you!
Launched in 2012, the Summer Transition Program enables entering students with an assessed need for developmental English or math coursework to receive intensive instruction and review, in order to progress through developmental levels prior to fall entry. The program consists of:
- Bridge Courses – Courses in developmental reading/writing and math. Bridge classes enable students to benefit from intensive instruction over the summer so that they can progress to college-level or upper developmental level courses in the fall.
Summer Transition Program Checklist
To qualify for the Summer Transition Program, applicants must be accepted to BHCC as new, readmitted or transfer students.
- Apply to BHCC: bhcc.edu/admissions/applynow
- Take placement test: bhcc.edu/assessment
- Contact email@example.com to register or for more information.
FREE Bridge Courses
English Language Learning
July 19 – August 26, 6 weeks, 4 days a week
- ELL-503: Meets Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs at 9 – 10:30 a.m. (Hybrid)
July 19 – August 26,6 weeks, 2 days a week:
- ENG-095 and ENG-111: Meets Tuesday & Thursday at 9 – 12:30 p.m. (Hybrid) or
- ENG-095 and ENG-111: Meets Monday & Wednesday at 6 – 9:30 p.m. (Hybrid)
June 7 – August 26,12 weeks, 4 days a week:
- MAT-093 and MAT-097: Meets Mon, Tues, Wed & Thu at 8:30 – 11 a.m.(Synchronous) or
- MAT-093 and MAT-097: Meets Mon, Tues, Wed & Thu at 1 – 3:30 p.m. (Synchronous)
July 19 – August 27,6 weeks, 3 days a week:
- MAT-093: Meets Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 9 – 11:30 a.m.(Synchronous) or
- MAT-097: Meets Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 9 – 11:30 a.m. (Synchronous)