COVID-19 Financial Assistance
Financial Resources and Support
- Funding to purchase a Chromebook, laptop, and WiFi is available through the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund, the Cares Act, or the Student Emergency Assistance Fund. Chromebooks or laptops are available to borrow for enrolled BHCC students closer to the start of the spring semester.
- BHCC Foundation COVID-19 Student Relief Fund - Financial emergency assistance is available to all students to help with financial difficulties caused by COVID-19. The usual award is $1,000, but students can request additional funds for truly pressing needs. Contact Melissa Holster at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary L. Fifield Endowed Student Emergency Assistance Fund - Financial emergency assistance is available to all students to help with financial difficulties not necessarily related to COVID-19. Awards can be up to $1000. Visit for more details.
- CARES Act Funding is available to help students pay for educational expenses caused by the disruption of on-campus instruction due to COVID-19. You can request advanced funding or reimbursement for purchases of educationally related materials. These include items such as technology purchases necessary to participate in online courses, purchases of books or materials that students were previously accessing on campus, and unexpected childcare costs. All funds have now been awarded at this time.
- COVID-19 CARES Alternative Fund - Available to students who did not qualify for the federal CARES Act or whose immigration status excludes them from applying for federal financial assistance may be eligible to receive tuition and fees for two courses ( 6 – 8 credit hours) per semester OR emergency assistance equal to the CARES Act funding ($250 – $465). To apply contact Colleen Yee in Advising and Life Map (email@example.com) and/or Melissa Holster in Student Financial Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Office of Financial Services distributes student scholarships. Most scholarships are funded by private donations raised by the Office of Institutional Advancement and the BHCC Foundation. There are also scholarships funded directly from college funds. Scholarship descriptions and applications are available on the
While most scholarship awards are distributed for the fall semester, the following are available for spring 2021. The applications are listed with a deadline of November 30, 2020.
Important Dates from Student Central
January 8, 2021: To receive notification of your financial aid award before the first day of Spring 2021 classes, your 2020-2021 FAFSA and all follow-up documents listed in your BHCC Self-Service account must be complete by January 8, 2021.
Additional External Financial Resources. Some of these resources require a referral. Single Stop is recognized as a referral partner.