Bunker Hill Community College

Bunker Hill Community College

Withdrawal from Course or College

Students can withdraw from a course(s) or the college.

  • Failure to attend or ceasing to attend a class or classes does not constitute official withdrawal from the College and results in grades of F or NA for the course or courses. Failure to withdraw formally may affect students’ academic standing and eligibility to receive financial aid (see Satisfactory Academic Progress). Students desiring to be readmitted to the College must submit a new application if they register for courses within two consecutive semesters of the date of withdrawal.
  • It is recommended that prior to withdrawing you talk to your academic advisor about the impact on the progress toward your degree or certificate.
  • It is also recommended that if you are receiving financial aid you check with the Financial Aid Office regarding the impact to your financial aid eligibility for the current and future terms
  • There are no tuition refunds issued to students who withdraw. The refund policy can be viewed on the Refunds page of the Student Accounts website. For more information check with the Student Accounts Office
  • If you withdraw from a course or the college you will receive a ‘W’ grade on your transcript for the courses registered
  • See the Academic Calendar for withdraw deadlines

Withdraw from Course(s)

Students can withdraw from one or more courses (but not all of their courses) without withdrawing from their program and the College.

Withdraw from the College

Students can withdraw from the College by withdrawing from all their classes.

Withdrawal Form

Please log into Self-Service and navigate to Academics from the menu in the top left corner. The Withdrawal Form and upload page is located there. Please follow the instructions exactly to submit a valid form.