Enrollment & Degree Verification and Apostille

Bunker Hill Community College authorizes the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide an official certificate of verification for:

  • enrollment verification for current and former students,
  • verifies BHCC Associate degrees and certificates awarded for third-parties: employers, housing, other institutions, etc.…

Enrollment Verification

For Students

Current Students: Please log into Self-Service and navigate to Academics from the menu in the top left corner. Please follow the link to NSC- Enrollment Verification & Status.

Former Students: Please follow the link and go to Verify Now - Enrollment Verification Link

If you have questions please contact Student Central by emailing studentcentral@bhcc.edu

For Third Parties

Please use the following link to the National Student Clearinghouse for Enrollment Verification and go to Verify Now- Enrollment Verification Link

Degree Verification

Graduates may use their academic transcript as verification of an Associate’s degree or certificate earned. For instructions about ordering a transcript view the Academic Transcript page.

Graduates may also direct a third-party, such as a potential employer, to verify a degree or certificate to the National Student Clearinghouse’s Degree Verify via their online verification service.


Select countries outside of the United States may request that individuals who have completed degrees outside that country have their degrees certified with an Apostille. An Apostille is a form of authentication appropriate to countries that have signed the 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. It is an official verification from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that verifies the legitimacy of certain documents.

Students or graduates may have their diploma or official academic transcript certified or legalized by the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. However, the process first begins by making a request to the Academic Records Office.

To request an Apostille, please contact the Academic Records Office and provide the following:

  • The document which you wish to have certified for Apostille (e.g. diploma or academic transcript)
  • The country for which you will be providing the Apostille (note the documentation is different from different countries so this is very important to specify).
  • An international money order or personal check drawn from a U.S. bank made payable to “The Commonwealth of Massachusetts” in the amount of US$6.00 per document to be certified. This is the amount charged by the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
  • A self-addressed, stamped envelope (so that these documents may be sent directly to you once they have been processed by the State)

The entire process takes approximately three to four weeks from the date we receive all necessary documentation. Please be aware that the absence of any of these documents will delay the process.

For further information regarding an Apostille, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.


Charlestown Campus
Second Floor, B-Building
Phone: 617-228-2403
Fax: 617-228-2082
Email: academicservices@bhcc.edu

Office Hours
Mon-Thu, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Fri, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.