MBTA - Youth "T" Pass
The MBTA Youth Pass helps provide affordable transit access for low-income young residents. The Youth Pass card allows you to purchase a LinkPass at any MBTA kiosk for a reduced price of only $30 per month – that’s a savings of over $50 a month!
To qualify, you must:
- Be 25 years or younger as of November 1, 2017.
- Live in Arlington, Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Lexington, Malden, Medford, Quincy, Revere, Somerville or Watertown; and
- Prove that you are enrolled in a job training program and/or receiving state/federal based benefits (for example, SNAP, Mass Health, TANF).
Want to learn more or sign up? BHCC’s Single Stop office can help!
Weekly Charlie Card Scholarship information
To be considered you will need to have a GPA of at least a 2.0 and agree to the following provisions:
- Attend a Financial Literacy session offered by Single Stop every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. (sign up via https://www.bhcc.edu/singlestop/)
- Must submit a plan to Single Stop on steps you will take to avoid future problems
- Follow up with a Single Stop staff person to ensure you are taking advantage of all the state, local, federal, and community benefits available.
- Meet with a Life Map counselor to develop an Educational Plan and submit a copy to our office
Download the Scholarship Application