Bunker Hill Community College

Bunker Hill Community College Mobile and Tablet Version

Housing Assistance

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has resources available for individuals and families struggling to make rent or mortgage payments due to COVID-19.

Are you struggling with Rent or Mortgage Payments because of COVID-19?

There are eviction protections and financial programs available to help.

If you need help paying your housing costs, visit mass.gov/guides/facing-eviction-we-can-help.

Also see Emergency Housing Assistance during COVID-19.

If you are a TENANT and need to defend yourself against eviction filed by your LANDLORD:

  1. Visit the Massachusetts Defense for Eviction (MADE) website, an online guided interview that helps tenants create their own answer and request for discovery.

TENANTS and LANDLORDS who owe rent or mortgage should apply under the RAFT/ERMA program for up to $10,000 at the Metro Housing Boston, 1411 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120. 

Assistance contacts 

Are you living in Boston and need help paying rent?

The City of Boston Rental Relief Fund is here to help. The Rental Relief Fund supports Bostonians at risk of losing their rental housing due to COVID-19. To learn more about eligibility and how to apply, visit boston.gov/rental-relief

 Additional Housing Resources

Bunker Hill Community College Single Stop does not endorse these housing options. The information provided is for general information purposes. Students are responsible for their own contractual arrangements for housing. 

Some of these resources require a referral. Single Stop is recognized as a referral partner.

COVID-19 Eviction Legal Help Project for Massachusetts Residents

As evictions start to increase, the COVID Eviction Legal Help Project (CELHP) is scaling up statewide to provide more legal resources to prevent eviction during the pandemic. The project will help tenants facing eviction and owner-occupants who live in 2 and 3-family houses who are filing an eviction. To be eligible for free legal help a household's income must be under 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. CELHP is a joint project between MLRI, the Mass Legal Assistance Corporation and the Volunteer Lawyer’s Project. 

Housing Stability Notification Act Update 

Mayor Walsh’s Housing Stability Notification Act is in the process of being enacted. The Act requires property owners and constables serving a Notice to Quit and Notice of Lease Non-renewal to also provide tenants with a document containing resources and information about tenant rights.

More Housing Resources