At this time, classes are only being conducted remotely, online live, via a video conferencing platform. See below for instruction modality:
|Course Delivery||Meeting Type||Description|
|REMOTE SYNCHRONOUS||Video-Conference Meetings||This class will not meet face-to-face on campus. It will meet remotely during the scheduled times listed. Course materials will be online.|
Are you Prepared to Handle Your Day-to-Day HR Challenges?
Small investment in quality training, big payback
This SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course covers the topics you need to meet key HR challenges that are relevant to you and your company. In 15 hours of training time, you can cover the issues you need to reduce potentially costly lawsuits.
Developed by leading HR experts, HR practitioners, and legal counsel, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. The straightforward format ensures that HR concepts can be mastered and applied to real-life situations. You will:
- Keep up with key federal laws in areas such as total rewards, equal employment opportunity and harassment
- Improve employee recruitment and selection
- Increase your knowledge of orientation, onboarding, development and training
- Understand best practices for employee handbooks
- Download and use sample templates like employment applications, job descriptions, disciplinary policies and more
This 5 Week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources, so you will learn faster and retain more knowledge to accelerate your future in HR.
"This is a must-do training for all new folks to the human resource function. Not only do you learn the fundamentals of HR but you also get to learn from your peers the challenges they face. Very good chance you'll have a different perspective and understanding of the human resource function within your organization."
"I think this class is great. I am trying to change from Operations to Human Resources and this class gives you an overview of what to expect from Human Resources. Although it is considered an introductory overview, there is a lot of important information."
Why Enroll in Our Course?
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the SHRM Essentials of HR is designed by global subject matter experts and incorporates six key topics from the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining learning materials with expert instruction and peer discussion.
BHCC's program offers a strong foundation to advance your HR career.
Benefits to You
You'll benefit from:
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- A solid HR knowledge foundation to build on as you advance in your career.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- It sets the stage for further professional development with the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification.
- Professional Development Credits (PDCs) or recertification credit hours and a certificate upon completion.
Benefits To Your Employer
SHRM Essentials benefits your entire organization:
- Reduces the company’s risk of high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-Human Resources.
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Enhances the importance of the HR function within your company.
Who Should Enroll In This Course?
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills
Course Details and Options
BHCC's courses are specifically tailored to meet the needs of adult learners and are taught by instructors experienced in the HR field. Students will be expected to complete all assigned readings and activities prior to each class.
Tuition does not include the cost of the book, which must be purchased from the bookstore.
Book Ordering Instructions for BSN-124AE “SHRM Essentials of HR” course
Book cost is separate and must be purchased at the College bookstore, online, or by phone. You may not buy the book from anywhere else. The book from the college bookstore is tied to a license that will be activated once you email your receipt to Jack Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org. The book price is $320.00. Without a receipt from the college bookstore, you will not be able to get a license and therefore, will not be able to join the class.
If you purchase your text by phone, your materials will be shipped to you free of charge. If you order the book online, shipping charges apply and you bear the cost of shipping. Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, and Discover. If purchasing online, shipping charges apply. Please visit https://www.bkstr.com/bhccstore. Under Shop By Course, click Enter Courses. Select the appropriate term. In the Department field, choose BSN. In the Select Course field, choose 124AE. In the Section field, choose the appropriate section. Then click "Find Materials for (1) Course" box. Order your book.
If you need assistance, please call the bookstore at 617-228-2304.
You must email your book receipt to Jack Chan at email@example.com. Once your receipt has been received, you will be issued your license.
We understand the demands on the HR professional. That's why the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course balances printed materials, online learning, and live instructor support to meet students' learning needs and schedules.
|COURSE REFERENCE BOOK covers key HR topics.|
|COURSE ACTIVITIES BOOK reinforces the content and classroom learning.|
|ONLINE TOOLS AND RESOURCES complement the learning modules.|
For additional information
- Testing windows
- Certification handbook
Product or HR Information
- SHRM resources
- SHRM Learning System