Winter and Spring 2022 Course Registration
All students registering for on-campus courses or coming to campus for any reason must submit your COVID-19 vaccination card at https://www.bhcc.edu/covidvaccines/
Registration begins Monday, October 25, 2021, for winter and spring 2022 classes. Please check selfservice.bhcc.edu to find out the name of your advisor or advising department. Plan your schedule now so you can register on time. If you cannot find the name of your assigned advisor or department, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2022 Course Delivery
To ensure the health and safety of all students, faculty, and staff, most spring 2022 classes will be taught remotely through a few different course types.
Plan your Course Schedule for Spring 2022
Spring 2022 Course Schedule
- Use "Search for Courses and Course Sections" on SelfService to see courses
- View directions on How to Search for Availability of Classes
- View the requirements of your program or study (major)
Please see the Academic Calendar for the deadlines to add/drop summer, fall, Mini I, Mini II and CSDL courses.
All Students Registering for Classes MUST
- Register online if eligible
- Show a BHCC ID card or a government issued photo ID if registering in person
- Provide proof of meeting course prerequisites by either:
- Placement Testing;
- Completion of appropriate BHCC coursework; or
- Providing a transcript from another accredited institution verifying completion of appropriate coursework with a passing grade.
All outstanding registration holds and prior financial obligations must be addressed prior to registering.
How to Register
Current students: If you are taking classes now or have attended BHCC within the last year
All currently enrolled degree and certificate seeking students will receive an email to their BHCC Outlook account alerting them when it is time to begin registering for classes online.
Register in selfservice from anywhere that you have access to the internet.
Newly accepted students
Newly accepted students (new to college, transfer or readmitted after leaving BHCC for 5 or more years) will attend a mandatory Advising and Registration session (Part I of Orientation) where you will meet with an advisor and register for classes (see your acceptance email and the Ready Set Go checklist for details).
Classes required for your Program of Study (certificate or degree) can be found on our Programs of Study page.
Students who have attended BHCC in the past 5 years
If you have not attended BHCC during the last two semesters but have attended BHCC within the last 5 years, go to our Apply Now page and choose "I am a returning BHCC student (enrolled in the past 5 years)" option. BHCC will reactivate your account.
Guest students (not applied and not accepted into a degree or certificate program)
If you are planning on taking classes at BHCC as a guest student, we recommend registering online.
On-campus registration when it resumes is at Student Central, Second Floor, B-Lobby on the Charlestown Campus, or at Student Services Office, Room 415 on the Chelsea Campus. Learn more on our Guest Student webpage.
BELL and Community Education non-credit courses
- Students register online for Community Education courses, including Basic English Language Learning (BLL & BEL courses).
- Go to Workforce and Community Education Online Course Catalog
- Download the Workforce and Community Education Spring 2021 Catalog
- For more information regarding non-credit courses, contact the Community Education Office at 617-228-2462.
How do I audit a course?
Students who want to audit a course must obtain permission from the registrar or designee. Audit students must pay full tuition and fees. The audit request must be made at the time of registration and once approved may not be changed to a graded course. An audit course may not be transferred or used towards graduation requirements.
To audit a course, please email email@example.com
Make Payment Arrangements
Fall / Spring
For Fall or Spring: Payment arrangements must be made by payment deadlines.
- Log in to BHCCselfservice.
- Click on Student Finance to view your Account Summary.
- Click on Make a Payment and then either Pay in Full if there is an Amount to Pay below; or
- Click on set up an automatic payment plan; or
- Receive a Confirmed Financial Aid Award from BHCC; or
- Supply third party commitment documentation to Student Central; and
- Payment of Health Insurance or complete waiver of health insurance (if registering for nine or more credits).
For Summer, payment arrangements must be made by payment deadlines.
- Log into BHCCselfservice.
- Click on Student Finance to view your Account Summary.
- Click on Make a Payment and then Pay in Full; if there is an Amount to Pay.
The waitlist system gives students a fair and equitable opportunity to add courses that are currently full/closed/have 0 seats available but might become available in the future. Being on a waitlist does not guarantee registration for the course.
- You may add yourself to the waitlist for one section of a closed or waitlisted course; you may also register for an open seat in another section of that same course.
- The waitlist system reviews openings at the end of each day and sends an automated email to your BHCC email the following morning; you have at least 24 hours to register for the course (make sure to View Account Summary and make any necessary payments by payment deadlines).
- If you have not registered by the deadline indicated in your email, the next person on the waitlist will be offered the seat.
- The last notifications from the Waitlist system go out the day before the last official day of registration; no waitlists exist during our schedule adjustment (add/drop) period with the exception of late start and mini session courses.
Schedule Adjustment (add/drop)
About Schedule Adjustment (add/drop)
At the close of business on the last official day of registration (Academic calendar) the schedule adjustment (add/drop) period begins. Make the adjustment online; then view your Account Summary and make any necessary payments at the time of the adjustment. If you have difficulty and are unable to process a schedule adjustment online visit Student Central, Second Floor, B lobby, Charlestown Campus or the Enrollment Office on the Chelsea Campus. If you drop a course before the schedule adjustment deadline, you will receive a refund. There are no refunds after the posted schedule adjustment deadlines. The schedule adjustment period ends at 11:59 p.m. on the schedule adjustment deadline date.
You may add a course during schedule adjustment period if:
- a seat is open; and
- you have completed all the course prerequisites; and
- view your Account Summary and make any necessary payments. If you are using financial aid, notify Student Central, Second Floor, B lobby, Charlestown that you’ve added a course.
You may drop a course online up until 11:59 p.m. on the schedule adjustment deadline listed in the Academic Calendar.
Additional Registration Related Information
Parking is available in Lots 1 and 2 on the Charlestown Campus for students with a valid semester pass. Daily parking is also available in these lots at a rate of $10 per day through the Parkmobile mobile app. Learn more about student parking.
BHCC Student ID Card (OneCard)
All BHCC students are required to carry a current BHCC OneCard while on campus. Take a copy of your class schedule and government issued photo ID to the Charlestown Campus ID station in Student Central to get your picture taken. See information and ID Station hours at Get Your BHCC Student ID Card.
You must carry a current, valid Student ID at all times on campus and present it when asked by any college official. Your first ID card is free; there is a fee for replacement cards.
Enrollment, Degree & Apostille Verifications
Students who require proof of enrollment status must access the Enrollment Verification System online.
Some courses require that you meet certain conditions prior to registering, known as prerequisites. Prerequisites include completion of lower-level courses with a grade of C or higher; completion of Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs); and or admission to a specific program of study. You must bring a copy of your college/university transcript at the time of registration.
Grading and Transcripts
- Please refer to the college catalog for a copy of the grading and notation system and how to compute your GPA (Grade Point Average).
- Grades are not mailed. Log on to selfservice to view your grades and unofficial transcripts. Assistance is available at our Self Service Counter in the main lobby of the B Building, Charlestown Campus and at the Enrollment Office, Chelsea campus.
- Order and pay for Official transcripts online.
Transferring Credits in to BHCC
Accepted students who have attended another college may apply for transfer credit and advanced standing at BHCC. Send official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities as soon as possible to:
Bunker Hill Community College
250 New Rutherford Avenue
Boston, MA 02129
Official Transcripts may also be dropped off at Student Central, Second Floor, B lobby, Charlestown. Official transcripts must be received by BHCC staff members in their original unopened sealed envelope.
Official transcripts will be evaluated once you are accepted and register for classes. You may use a copy or unofficial transcript(s) to register for classes while waiting for transfer credit to be evaluated.