Associate in Science Professional Studies - Business Administration
This curriculum map contains the new General Education Requirements. Current students should log in to BHCC Self-Service to review their specific program requirements or contact LifeMap/Advising for more information. Prospective students should go to bhcc.edu/admissions and contact an admissions counselor.
Last Modified Date: May 19, 2021
Approved for the 2021-2023 College Catalog
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Analyze viability of opportunities from various points of view.
- Understand the leadership skills and personal characteristics needed for success in starting and managing a small business.
- Develop and implement a business plan.
- Prepare a set of financial statements for a service, merchandising or manufacturing business that is structured as a sole proprietorship, partnership or a corporation.
- Analyze a set of financial statements to determine strengths or weaknesses of the business.
- Understand the basic principles of business law, contracts and agency, intellectual property and product liability.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications as required to operate and manage a small business.
- Examine management theory and practice, and explain basic business methodology and management issues.
- Be able to identify and analyze the marketing strategies of an organization that can be used to advance its mission.
- Understand the techniques useful in achieving the full potential from limited resources and improving productivity and effectiveness.
This option prepares graduates to start and manage a small business, and to move into management and supervisory positions.