Orientation at BHCC
After you are accepted, you must attend our two-part Orientation. If you have not applied to Bunker Hill Community College or need to check on your application status, please visit the Apply Now page.
Part 1: Complete the online Advising and Registration orientation
As soon as possible, complete your online advising and registration orientation. This will include a series of videos for you to watch and questions for you to answer. This will take about 1 hour to complete. Once you have completed the online advising orientation, an advisor will contact you within three business days to assist you with planning and registering for classes
You may complete the online orientation at your convenience, just click the link below.
To be ready for registration, as soon as possible, complete your placement testing.
This can be done in multiple ways:
- Take the college placement test. If you are required to take the placement test, visit the Assessment Center website for information about remote testing options.
- There are some ways to be exempt from testing (please visit the Assessment Center for details):
- Use your high school GPA of 2.7 or higher and/or
- Use SAT, ACT, AP or CLEP scores and/or
- Use your GED or HiSet scores and/or
- Use previous college coursework completed at another college or university
If you still need to submit transcripts or score reports for placement exemptions, you will be able to do so at the end of the Online Advising and Registration Orientation.
New Student Advising Guide
This advising guide will give you more information about getting started with classes and can be a resource for you before, during and after your online orientation.
BHCC Username and Password
If you have questions about completing the Online Advising and Registration Orientation, please email Colleen Yee, email@example.com
Part 2: After Advising and Registration, attend the Virtual New Student Orientation
You will meet with our Student Mentors, tour the campus, learn how to prepare for classes and hear about all of BHCC's great resources and opportunities for students.