Nursing Frequently Asked Questions
Prospective students should go to bhcc.edu/admissions and contact an admissions counselor.
If you require an F1 Visa to study in the United States, you must apply to the College through the International Center. Please visit our International Center at bhcc.edu/internationalcenter/.
Please contact our Boston Welcome Back Center.
Nursing admission requirements:
- Attend one MANDATORY Nursing information session within one year of applying to the nursing program.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED/HISET certificate.
- Complete the following courses:
- One year of high school chemistry with lab or one semester of college chemistry with lab with a grade of C or better.
- MAT097 Fundamentals of Algebra or placement above MAT097.
- BIO203 Anatomy and Physiology I/Lab with a grade of C or better. (credits for Anatomy and Physiology/Lab that were earned more than ten (10) years prior to enrollment in the nursing program are not accepted).
- ENG111 College Writing I with a grade of C or better
For details regarding the TEAS test, please read the current nursing information packet.
The day and alternative nursing options are the same programs, except that in the alternative nursing option, lecture is 50% face to face and 50% online, requiring some independent learning. Each option has didactic (lecture), lab, and clinical hours.
Prospective students should go to bhcc.edu/admissions and contact an admissions counselor or come in and meet with an admission counselor so that they can over your nursing application.
No, applicants must have successfully completed these science courses within 10 years of entering the Registered Nursing Program.
All prerequisite nursing courses must be completed before you apply to the nursing program.
Applicants are not required to take the TEAS test at BHCC; you may register for any location. The test is designated as TEAS Nursing.
You can register for the TEAS on the following website https://www.atitesting.com/. You will need to create an account to register and complete the exam.
Please check our current nursing information packet for additional information on how many TEAS VI results our admission department will review.
For further questions about the Nurse Education Program please email the Nursing Administrative Assistant Hunter Gosselin at email@example.com or 617-228-2155.