Press Release

Bunker Hill Community College President Eddinger Named a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce 2021 Pinnacle Awards Honoree

Friday, January 29, 2021

Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is pleased to announce that Pam Y. Eddinger, President, BHCC has been named a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce (GBCC) 2021 Pinnacle Awards honoree for outstanding achievement in Arts and Education. This year’s honorees were recognized on Friday, January 29, 2021, at the virtual Pinnacle Awards. Past honorees include Anita Hill, Sandra Fenwick, Vicary Graham, Penni McLean-Conner, Liz Cheng, and Courtney Scrubbs.

Pam Eddinger, Pinnacle Honoree Awards 2021“Our Pinnacle Awards are always extraordinary, and this year, the celebration acknowledges the tremendous leadership of the honorees as they led their companies and industries through a time of crisis,” said James E. Rooney, President & CEO of the GBCC. “As we begin the 27th year of the Chamber’s Women’s Network, it is even more important that we amplify the voices and accomplishments of women in the business community as they lead us forward.”

President Eddinger shared her story of migrating to the United States with her parents, who wanted a better education for their children. She credits her parents for her leadership in the community college movement so the next generation of immigrants will have choices, will have language, and will see a broader horizon. “I do my work so every immigrant and native child will have access to affordable, higher education and be touched by the grace and power of the arts,” said Dr. Eddinger.

Dr. Eddinger says to women entering the workforce “attempt whatever task when you think you are 75 percent ready. Then find a mentor to help you learn the other 25 percent.”

"Thank you to the Chamber CEO Jim Rooney, and Chair Micho Spring, for providing a platform to lift up the contributions of women to the Boston economy, and to encourage our next generation leaders to reach up and speak up. I also thank my students, faculty, and staff at Bunker Hill Community College, to allow me to lead, and to do meaningful work," said President Eddinger.

About the Women’s Network & Pinnacle Awards
The Greater Boston Chamber’s Women’s Network was founded in 1994 to promote and expand economic opportunities throughout the Greater Boston region for all women in business through shared leadership and expertise. The Women’s Network offers programs that provide career enrichment and development opportunities for women at all professional levels, spotlight the accomplishments of women, and promote the positive influence that women have upon the Greater Boston region.

Media Contact:

About Bunker Hill Community College
With more than 50 years of academic excellence, Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is Massachusetts' largest community college, annually welcoming a diverse community of around 16,000 students. With campuses in Charlestown and Chelsea, BHCC extends its reach across several locations in Greater Boston. The College offers associate degrees and certificates, early college and dual enrollment, community education, corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is celebrated for its diversity, boasting a student body where 65% identify as people of color and more than half are women. The College also embraces a global perspective, with over 600 international students representing 90 countries and conversing in more than 65 languages. Our commitment to diversity is further reflected in BHCC's designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI).