Bunker Hill Community College participates in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Performance Recognition Program
Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Each year Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) participates in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Performance Recognition Program, which is an opportunity to formally recognize state employees for their extraordinary contributions to public service.
The Commonwealth Citation for Outstanding Performance is awarded to Massachusetts executive branch and higher education employees for Attainment of high priority agency objective(s); Exceptional managerial, organizational and/or communications achievements; Exemplary leadership; Achievement of significant improvements in productivity and/or cost savings in agency operations. Award winners include individual employees and groups of employees.
The Manuel Carballo Governor’s Award for Excellence in Public Service is awarded to Massachusetts executive brand and higher education employees for Exceptional accomplishments; Exemplary leadership; Creativity and innovation; Achievement of significant improvements in productivity and/or costs savings in agency operations. This award, named in honor of the late Secretary of Human Services, is presented annually to 10 employees or groups of employees who exemplify the highest standards of public service.
This year, through a celebratory video, BHCC recognized employees or groups for outstanding performance in 2019 and 2020. The following BHCC employees or groups were recognized:
2019 Commonwealth Citation for Outstanding Performance Winners
- Emmanuela Maurice, Professor, English Department
- Maria K. Puente, Professor, Behavioral Sciences Department
- Athletics Department
- Campus Police and Public Safety
- College Events and Cultural Planning
- LifeMap Success Coaches
2020 Commonwealth Citation for Outstanding Performance Winners
- Melissa Holster, Executive Director, Student Financial Services and Student Central
- Danielle Leek, Interim Associate Dean, Online Learning and Instructional Innovation
- Laurie McCorry (2 nominations), Dean, Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Division
- Steve Roller, Executive Director, Grants Department (2 nominations, including Manuel Carballo Governor’s Award for Excellence in Public Service)
- Latasha Sarpy, Ph.D., Professor, Behavioral Sciences Department
- Lee Santos Silva, Director, Center for Equity and Cultural Wealth, and Professor, English Department
- English Language
- Learner (ELL) Reform Team
A recognition video was shared with faculty and staff and is also available on the BHCCintranet.