Bunker Hill Community College Mobile and Tablet Version
What does a Medical Laboratory Technician do?
- Perform tests efficiently and accurately for high quality patient care
- Analyze the chemical contents of blood and various bodily fluids
- Cross match blood used in transfusions
- Examine and analyze body fluids and tissues for abnormal cells, bacteria, parasites, and viruses
- Operate automated chemistry analyzers, cell counters and other sophisticated equipment to assist in the diagnosis of disease
- Monitor the quality of lab results through the use of quality control material and by following regulatory standards.