Services for Distance and Online Students
1. Who can get an electronic library barcode?
Any student who is taking only distance or online courses. Students who are taking one or more on-campus or hybrid classes should come to Student Central in person to get a picture taken for a OneCard.
2. What can the library barcode be used for?
With an electronic library barcode, you can:
- Log into your library account
- Access the library databases from home
3. What can’t the library barcode be used for?
With an electronic library barcode, you cannot:
- Use it as a photo ID
- Get your refund
- Borrow books from the BHCC library
- Request books from other libraries
- Use the gym
- Use the shuttle
4. How much does it cost?
Electronic barcodes are free.
5. How long does it take to get my electronic barcode?
You should get a response via email within three business days.
6. Do I also need a library password?
Yes. Once you have your electronic barcode, you can create your library password here (https://bunkerhill.noblenet.org/eg/opac/password_reset).
7. How do I sign into my library account?
Go here (https://bunkerhill.noblenet.org/eg/opac/login) and type your barcode and library password.
8. How do I access the databases from home?
The library's databases are located at https://www.bhcc.edu/library/databases/
You will need your barcode and library password. When you try to use the library's databases from home, you will see a page that asks for your barcode number and your password. Type these in the boxes and press Submit.
If you log in once, you should stay logged in for a little while. However, if you leave the computer for a long period of time, or if you shut down or put your computer to sleep, you will need to sign in again.
9. How do I get help with the library databases?
If you are unable to log into the databases from home, please come in, call, or email us ASAP.
Public Services Desk: 617-228-3479
Lending Services Desk: 617-228-2213
Usually we can solve the problem quickly, but we won't be here if you're doing your research very late at night or very early in the morning, so it's best to get things fixed as soon as you can.
10. Where else can I go for help with distance learning or online courses?
Do you need a library barcode and/or a library password? Please fill out the application found here: