International Students

BHCC student and staff in the assessment center

International students are welcome to apply to the Learn and Earn Program. An international student with an F-1 visa becomes eligible to obtain work authorization once he or she completes 24 credits accumulated over a Fall and Spring semester. ELL and developmental courses do not count toward the 24 credits.

Once eligibility is achieved and the international student has been through a successful interview process, an offer letter from the potential employer should be obtained. The Director of Internships and Career Development then writes a letter of confirmation that the student is part of the program and has enrolled in the internship course.

With these two letters, the international student may then go to their International Student Advisor and apply for “CPT” or Curricular Practical Training. The CPT covers one semester of work authorization.