It’s never too early to start thinking about an internship. They’re a great opportunity for you to explore career options and gain relevant, real-world work experience.
BHCC offers a variety of internship opportunities for students. The Office of Internships and Career Development is here to support students through the search, application and interview process as well as during the internship experience.
Reasons to participate in the Internship program
- Build upon the skills you've learned in the classroom
- Get the hands-on experience you need to be marketable in your field of study
- Work on challenging assignments and receive mentoring from a qualified professional
- Expand your knowledge of career options and begin to establish your own professional connections
Finding and applying for an internship
Finding and applying for an internship takes time but there are many resources on campus to help you. Visit a member of the Internships and Career Development Team to find out what BHCC has to offer through the following programs:
- You must complete 150 hours during the semester you are doing your internship, this equals to about 10-15 hours a week for at least 10-12 weeks
- Register for the Internship course in your major
- We recommend that you meet with our Coordinator of Internship Programs
- There is no GPA requirement, we recommend that students complete at least 12-24 credits
- Review your Program Evaluation with an Academic Advisor located in LifeMap Commons E-235
- Be a student in good standing with the college
- Report your internship