New International Student Enrollment Checklist
- Access your acceptance letter through the Admissions Dashboard.
- See information on how to Access your BHCC Email and your “MyBHCC” Account - you will need it to connect with your Academic Advisor.
- Your acceptance letter will include your student ID number, username and password for your myBHCC (SelfService) account. Access SelfService. Accepted Selective Program students: Access your account to confirm your seat in the program.
- Log into your BHCC Email, which is our official method of communication. Information about your courses and other important information will be sent to your college email only.
- Visit the Assessment website to determine if you need to test. Use the resources on the website to prepare.
- If you have earned college/university credits and would like to transfer them towards your BHCC degree/certificate, review the information on the Transfer Services website.
- You are expected to pay for one semester of tuition and health insurance when you arrive. Review the information about estimated costs, payment methods and deadlines.
- Check out our Scholarships page, the majority of our scholarships are merit based for continuing students, but you can start to learn about them now.
- Arrival in Boston – We recommend for you to arrive in Boston two weeks before the start of the semester to allow enough time for class registration and for you to settle in.
- Housing – Make sure to arrange for housing before departing your home country.
- Complete the immunization form with your doctor.
- Review information on the College Placement Test.
- All new international students must attend:
- Virtual Orientation. You will be provided with a complete overview of the college, and all of the information you will need to have a successful start to the semester. When you complete the orientation you will meet with an academic advisor who will assist you to register for classes.
- Mandatory Immigration Check-in Session. You will receive an email with an invitation for this session.
- Be ready to pay for your courses by the deadline.
Payment options are:
- Pay in full at your myBHCC account and select pay on my account; or
- Create a BHCC automatic payment plan online on your myBHCC account; or
- Submit a third party commitment or sponsorship letter to the Student Central Office; or
- Pay via international wire transfer. If you choose this option, you must start the process before leaving your country. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the receipt confirmation of your transfer.
- You must purchase BHCC-sponsored student health insurance.
- Submit Immunization form. Visit bhcc.edu/immunizations for more information.
- Fall 2022 and Summer 2022 COVID Protocol
All students registering for on-campus courses or coming to campus for any reason must be fully vaccinated and submit their COVID-19 vaccination card at bhcc.edu/covidvaccines. Information on how to request a reasonable accommodation related to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, as well as resources for vaccination and COVID-19 testing will also be found on the website. The College will review the COVID-19 protocol prior to the start of classes for the Summer & Fall semesters.
- Fall 2022 and Summer 2022 COVID Protocol
- For information on health insurance requirements visit bhcc.edu/healthinsurance. Health insurance is required for students registered in nine or more credits. If you have comparable health insurance from a provider in the United States, complete the online waiver at gallagherstudent.com/students.
- Purchase your books and other supplies for your classes online at bhcc.edu/bookstore.
myBHCC (SelfService) account gives you access to:
- Plan and register for classes, CHAT available
- View class schedule and program requirements
- BHCC Email
- Unofficial copy of transcript
- View Financial Aid
Prior Course Work and Prior Learning Assessment
- Transferring credits from another college or university, visit the Prior Course Work page.
- Interested in learning about credit for prior learning? Contact Prior
- Learning Assessment (PLA) to discuss any learning acquired outside of the traditional college environment that might qualify for college credit.
- Transportation: If you will be driving please see information for parking pass. if you will be taking public transportation and would like to purchase a semester pass please see information in the Student Handbook. For more information on public transportation in Massachusetts please see the MBTA website.
- Review the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines.
We look forward to seeing you on campus.