Bunker Hill Community College

Bunker Hill Community College Mobile and Tablet Version

Frequently Asked Questions

The Hospitality Degree program (Hotel-Restaurant Management) can be completed in two years if a student attends full-time. Some of our students however attend part-time and generally complete it in approximately three years. 

The Hospitality Management program is comprised of core courses in Hospitality. These courses, for the most part are offered during the day. There are a few courses offered in the evenings. General Education requirements are offered days, weekends, and evenings.

At this time, only general concentration courses are being offered online. The general education courses required for this program are offered days, weekends, and evenings.

Most students enter in the Fall, however if a student wishes to begin the program in the Spring or Summer, it is possible. They will be advised as to which courses to register for by a member of the department.

Yes, under the College’s NEASC accreditation. 

You would apply through enrollment services, by filling out the necessary paperwork. You would then we advised to take the required placement tests for math, reading, and English.

Hotel front desk positions, entry-level management positions, careers within the airline and travel industry, concierge positions, event managers, and a multitude of other positions.

Entry level is between $30,000-$34,000. Mid to Senior Level is between $35,000- $150,000.

Employers are in immediate need of applicants for a variety of positions in the Hotel/Restaurant Industry.

BHCC has a Career Center as well as the Hospitality department ready to assist you in writing a resume, interviewing  skills, and obtaining an internship. At graduation, they will also assist students with job placement if necessary. The Career Center is located on the Charlestown Campus, Room M10. Hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For more information call 617-228-2245.

Yes. You should check with the transfer office at the particular college you are interested in to see what their requirements are.

You need to check with individual colleges for their policies.

Depending on their area of study, students will take courses in Hotel-Restaurant Management, as well as General Education requirements.