The DISH Food Pantry is available for current students, faculty, and staff members at Bunker Hill Community College. Our pantry offers flexible and convenient on-campus pick-ups in our new refrigerated lockers as well as walk-in hours during the week (Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.). Pick-up orders from the lockers are available all day, evenings, and weekends. Please note that our delivery system has been discontinued.
The DISH Food Pantry offers grab-and-go and pantry pick-ups/deliveries. The grab-and-go area in the pantry is open Mondays-Thursdays from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. During this time, students/staff are welcome to stop by and pickup a snack or frozen meal.
In order to place a pantry order at the DISH Food Pantry,
- All users must first fill out the DISH Intake Form. This will verify Bunker Hill affiliation as well as gather some additional information for our advocacy work and reporting requirements.
- Once completed, you will receive a username and PIN to use in Smart Choice, our food pantry ordering software. This email will also have information about how to place an order.
- Download the Smart Choice Instruction guide
- If you do not have access to a computer to fill out the form, please call Molly Hansen at 617-228-2045 for assistance
Using Smart Choice is easy, efficient, and user-friendly.
- Every student has 35 points per month to shop in the DISH Food Pantry.
- Faculty and staff have 30 points per month to use at the DISH Food Pantry.You may use your points for 2-3 orders throughout the month. Please try to do substantial orders of at least 5-6 items per order. You are also able to use all of your points in one order. Points refresh on the first of every month, and do not roll over from month to month.
- Once you are complete you order, click on the green checkout button in the bottom right of the screen. You will then be able to select a day/time for your pick-up. The Food Pantry Coordinator will call or text you to confirm on the day of your selected pick-up and provide instructions on how to use the refrigerated lockers.
Our inventory will vary, but we typically offer the following types of items:
- Fresh produce (typically onions, carrots, and potatoes)
- Frozen chicken, fish, and turkey
- Pasta & rice
- Canned beans
- Tuna/canned meat
- Peanut butter & jelly
- Canned fruits & vegetables
- Hygiene products such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, and deodorant
- Specialty items such as gluten/dairy/nut-free products and baby food/items
In order to ensure that we have enough for everyone, there may be limits placed upon popular items such as hygiene items, frozen meat/vegetables, and produce. These limits will be automatically placed on all Smart Choice accounts. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.