Rapid Recovery & Reemployment (R3) Short-term Training
BHCC’s Rapid Recovery and Reemployment (R3) Program is a unique grant-funded program that allows students or community members impacted by the COVID-19 economic downturn to get back in the game with financially supported training. Eligible participants will have access to full tuition and materials scholarships, as well as a stipend for successful attendance and completion. These short-term trainings will allow a student to study over a shorter period of time, develop skills in a field, and earn an industry-recognized credential, which makes them employable quicker.
Students who are unemployed or demonstrate financial need will be considered first. If you can answer yes to one of the following questions you are financially eligible.
- Are you unemployed or working part time making less than 17.00 per hour?
- New to the workforce?
- Have you received a Pell grant?
- Are you collecting food stamps or other transitional assistance benefits?
- Do you live in subsidized housing?
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
IT Tech Support certification with A plus and Cisco one Digital Badge Certification
- Students will learn the skills and information necessary to be an entry-level IT support specialist.
- Students will obtain a level 1 Cisco Networking digital badge and a Comp TIA A plus certification. Both classes must be taken to complete the program.
- Students do not need prior computer experience. Familiarity with computers will be helpful. Materials will be covered in the course. No textbook.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll.
Part 1- Cisco Networking (NON-500E-N01)
- June 2 - July 11, 2021
- Monday and Wednesday, 12 - 3 p.m.
- Instructior: Youssef Sabouni
Part 2 - Comp Tia A Plus (NON-501E-N01)
- June 1 - July 11, 2021
- Tuesday and Thursday 12 - 3 p.m.
- Instructior: Michael Harris
Cisco Networking Technology Certification, (CPT-100E-N01)
*This class is full and accepting students on a waitlist
Starting May 17 for 7 to 8 weeks, this course is 108 hours with preparation for a Cisco certified networking administrator industry-recognized credential (CCNA). Taught by Professor Leo Carey, it will be online with synchronous set class time (attendance required). Monday through Thursday 8:30 - 11:30 a.m., Friday collaboration on Zoom from 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Enrolled students will develop the skills for a networking administrator position, and prepare for passing the industry-recognized credential. The class is free and all associated costs will be provided including exam fees, materials, etc. Students will be paid a stipend to participate. This is a great opportunity to develop a new career. Students who are unemployed or demonstrate financial need will be considered first.
If you can answer yes to two of these three questions, you should be able to meet the skills required for the class. This program will be rigorous, so please be honest in your self-evaluation.
- Have you taken computer science or information technology classes before or have worked in the field as an entry-level worker or above?
- Do you understand the difference between hardware and software?
- Do you have a working knowledge of computers by using the internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, or other programs regularly?
If you have no computer experience at all, this program may not be the right fit for you. There will be a pre-assessment to determine if the program is the best fit for the student. Please feel free to leave us an email of what you are interested in and we will direct you to the right program.
- EMT - Emergency Medical Technician: Class starts June 7. Contact Lateia Johnson to enroll, email@example.com.
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
- Dental Assisting Technician: Contact Jack Chan to enroll, firstname.lastname@example.org
- EKG - Electrocardio Technician: Contact Jack Chan to enroll, email@example.com
- Phlebotomy Technician: Contact Jack Chan to enroll, firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have questions? Send an email to email@example.com.