Personal Trainer Certificate Program
Turn your passion for fitness into a rewarding career
Earn your Personal Trainer Certificate of Completion online and Get your national NCCA Accredited Certified Personal Trainer credential as a bonus. This will position yourself for success in the world of personal health and wellness.
Gold Certified Personal Trainer Course -- Online, $1,299.00
The W.I.T.S. online personal trainer course is a SELF-PACED program with short, impactful online videos to be a successful personal trainer in the fitness industry. The lessons will help you with key core topics to learn how the body functions under the stresses of exercise. Learn exercise physiology, kinesiology, nutrition and more. The essential practical skills are packed with insightful drills that you can duplicate to master the skill set. This course is loaded with practice quizzes, discussion boards and much more. We have included incredible veteran fitness mentors to help your successful outcome. Our supplemental internship programs walks you into some great job opportunities. Your test vouchers for the NCCA Accreditation national exams are included and a must for employers. Turn your passion into a career.
Upon registering for the course, you will be sent a course invite from CANVAS a learning management system. Just add your own password and join the class. In the five-week online course, there will be four teachers mentoring you throughout the program. Upon completion of the online class, you will meet online OR in-person if gyms are open for a big review lab during the weekend to role play and master what you have learned online. You will complete your national certification exam in-person on the seventh weekend. The course is comprised of video clips followed by quizzes along with discussion board learning activities. Please note: If social distancing rules are lifted and the college is open for face-to-face classes, the labs will be conducted in person on Sundays.
Course Material: The tuition does not include the course manual. You may purchase the manual either e-Book or physical copy through W.I.T.S. See below for textbook ordering instructions. Upon receiving your material you will be able to begin your course.
To see the latest course schedule and national exam date, please click on the registration link here: https://tinyurl.com/bhccmass
This is a six-weekend online course with an online exam for an initial Certificate of Completion with the bonus seventh weekend being the national certification exam.
Who Should Enroll
- Fitness enthusiasts or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Fitness Professional’s Handbook 7th Edition with web resources by Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. (ISBN-13: 9781492523376). Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. You may buy the e-book at $70, which you will receive on the same day of purchase, or order the physical copy. The cost of physical copy is $89 + $15.95 shipping, for a total cost of $104.95. Your may purchase your book from W.I.T.S., at 1-888-330-9487 or order it online at https://www.witseducation.com/fit/store-shop/fitness-professionals-handbook-7th-edition/. The physical copy of the book arrives within two-three days via UPS/US mail.
The U.S. Dept. of Labor predicts a 8% increase in employment projections for Fitness Trainers from 2014-2024. National average hourly wage is $25. Be your own boss! Supplement your current salary or work full time as a personal trainer.
Lectures (15 hours)
- Exercise Physiology
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- Biomechanics and Applied Kinesiology
- Health Screenings
- Fitness Testing
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Exercise
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
Practical (15 hours)
- Fitness Assessments
- Client Rapport
- Biomechanics of Exercise
- Equipment Usages
- Weight Training Techniques
To achieve the National Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
- Students must pass both a written and practical skills exam to be a Level 1 Certified Personal.
- Attendance is not required unless you are getting college credits. (This course has optional 3 college credits through the American Council on Education)
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued*
- Students have an option for a bonus Level 2 Certification by completing a 30-hour internship through W.I.T.S. An employer list is given to all students to start their careers.
- Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date
*Once passed, you need the CPR/AED within 60 days of the exam date. At that point, your certificate will be issued.
Level 2 certification is achieved when you complete your Level 1 exam followed by a 30-hour employer mentored internship.
This course is approved or accredited by the following groups:
- NCCA: National Commission for Certifying Agencies (written & practical skill competency exams)
- ACE: American Council on Education (3 college credits)
- NIRSA: National Intramural Recreation & Sports Association
- IACET: International Association of Continuing Education & Training
Register online for this course by visiting https://tinyurl.com/bhccmass