Personal Trainer Certification Program
Turn your passion for fitness into a rewarding career
Earn your Personal Trainer Certificate of Completion online and Get your national NCCA Accredited Certified Personal Trainer credential as a bonus. This will position yourself for success in the world of personal health and wellness.
Personal Trainer Certification Course - Hybrid (Virtual lectures + In-person practical skills labs) -- $1,299.00
Get all the information needed to start an exciting fitness career & become a Certified Personal Trainer. Turn your fitness passion into a profession with the ONLY IN-PERSON hands on practical skill labs in the industry. Our NCCA Accredited program is even approved for 3 college credits towards a degree. The scheduled virtual lectures are led by our best teacher Mark Cassidy, MS. Topics will cover 15 hours on anatomy, exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, nutrition and more. The in-person practical skill labs allow you to role-play and review essential “hands on skills” to master assessing clients, stretching, warm ups/cool downs, exercise analysis and programming design. The course includes the national test vouchers ($450 value) and extra access to our online video enhanced CPT course to review lectures and labs at no extra cost! W.I.T.S. 30-hour optional employer internship (Level 2 Certification) helps walk you into jobs who very much value our unique certification. We are all about your success and the tools we give you will help you reach that goal.
Course Material: The tuition does not include the course manual. You may purchase the manual either e-Book or physical copy through W.I.T.S. See below for textbook ordering instructions. Upon receiving your material you will be able to begin your course.
To see the latest course schedule and national exam date, please click on the registration link here: https://tinyurl.com/bhccmass
This is a six-weekend online course with an online exam for an initial Certificate of Completion with the bonus seventh weekend being the national certification exam.
Who Should Enroll
- Fitness enthusiasts or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Fitness Professional’s Handbook 7th Edition with web resources by Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. (ISBN-13: 9781492523376). Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. You may buy the e-book at $70, which you will receive on the same day of purchase, or order the physical copy. The cost of physical copy is $89 + $15.95 shipping, for a total cost of $104.95. Your may purchase your book from W.I.T.S., at 1-888-330-9487 or order it online at https://www.witseducation.com/fit/store-shop/fitness-professionals-handbook-7th-edition/. The physical copy of the book arrives within two-three days via UPS/US mail.
The U.S. Dept. of Labor predicts a 8% increase in employment projections for Fitness Trainers from 2014-2024. National average hourly wage is $25. Be your own boss! Supplement your current salary or work full time as a personal trainer.
Lectures (15 hours)
- Exercise Physiology
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- Biomechanics and Applied Kinesiology
- Health Screenings
- Fitness Testing
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Exercise
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
Practical (15 hours)
- Fitness Assessments
- Client Rapport
- Biomechanics of Exercise
- Equipment Usages
- Weight Training Techniques
To achieve the National Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
- Students must pass both a written and practical skills exam to be a Level 1 Certified Personal.
- Attendance is not required unless you are getting college credits. (This course has optional 3 college credits through the American Council on Education)
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued*
- Students have an option for a bonus Level 2 Certification by completing a 30-hour internship through W.I.T.S. An employer list is given to all students to start their careers.
- Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date
*Once passed, you need the CPR/AED within 60 days of the exam date. At that point, your certificate will be issued.
Level 2 certification is achieved when you complete your Level 1 exam followed by a 30-hour employer mentored internship.
This course is approved or accredited by the following groups:
- NCCA: National Commission for Certifying Agencies (written & practical skill competency exams)
- ACE: American Council on Education (3 college credits)
- NIRSA: National Intramural Recreation & Sports Association
- IACET: International Association of Continuing Education & Training
Register online for this course by visiting https://tinyurl.com/bhccmass