Guest Students (non-matriculating or non-degree student)
Bunker Hill Community College welcomes Guest Students to enroll in courses at the College. You are a Guest Student (also known as a non-matriculated or non-degree student) if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
- You want to take course(s) to transfer back to your institution.
- You want to take course(s) in order to fulfill prerequisites for another college or university’s undergraduate or graduate program.
- You want to take course(s) for your own personal enrichment.
Guest students who plan on transferring credits earned at BHCC to their home academic institution must have their course selections approved by their home institution prior to registration to insure credit transfer.
Currently Available Semesters
Summer 2023 Sessions
- View Summer Session I (June 5 - July 15) courses in BHCCselfservice
- View Summer Session II (July 17 - August 26) courses in BHCCselfservice
How do I register?
Review the online course schedules under the "Currently Available Semesters" section located above to choose your course(s) and ensure that there is availability in the sections in which you plan to register. You can filter by semester, subject and more using the menus on the left of your screen.
New Guest Students
Please complete the online registration form once you have made your decision. Please select the "First Time Login - Sign Up Here" option to create your account.
If you already started an application to BHCC and need to log back into it, you can access your Online Application here
If your course requires a prerequisite, please attach a copy of your unofficial transcript at the bottom of the online guest registration form, verifying course completion with a passing grade of C or higher. In some cases, if you are not able to provide documentation, you might qualify for Placement by High School GPA, Guided Self-Placement Survey, or the Placement Test.
Returning Guest Students
If you are a returning Guest Student or a former matriculated student you already have an account with BHCC. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org from your BHCC email and provide us with your name, BHCC ID number and with your class selection. Attach your unofficial transcript verifying course completion with a passing grade of C or higher. In some cases, if you are not able to provide documentation, you might qualify for Placement by High School GPA, Guided Self-Placement Survey, or the Placement Test.
Important Information about Guest Students at BHCC
- Guest students have not applied or been accepted to Bunker Hill Community College.
- Guest students are not pursuing a degree or certificate at BHCC and do not qualify for financial aid.
- Guest students are responsible for determining that their home institution will accept credit earned at Bunker Hill Community College.
- Guest students are responsible for providing an unofficial transcript for any course that requires prerequisite. The transcript has to be uploaded while filling out the online guest registration form.
- Unofficial transcripts, grade reports, must have the name of the Guest Student and the name of his/her institution.
- Guest students have reviewed and understand the BHCC Academic Calendar for the semester in which registration is sought (i.e. key registration dates).
Learn more about being a Guest Student at BHCC by reviewing the below Frequently Asked Questions.
Can I register as a guest student in person?
The guest student application is only available online. If you need any assistance with completing the application, you can come to Student Central located in the B-Lobby on the second floor of the Charlestown Campus.
What happens after I submit my online registration form?
You will be contacted via email confirming your registration. We’ll also send you your student ID number and instructions on how to log in to myBHCC and BHCC email. Please make sure the email address provided is correct so we can send you all the information needed to be a Guest Student at BHCC.
How do I pay for classes as a Guest Student?
Students are required to pay tuition according to the tuition & fees schedule to avoid course(s) being dropped for non-payment. If you cannot pay for, or if you decide not to attend your course(s), please drop them in your myBHCC account prior to the posted deadline to avoid both financial and academic responsibility.
Learn more about payment deadlines on the Student Payment page.