Spring 2021 Course Types
A Glossary of class types to help determine where, how, and when your classes take place. Learn more about the Spring 2021 course types.
Check off each box as you go, so you do not miss a thing!
- Submit your free application to www.bhcc.edu/apply. Visit our Programs of Study to learn about the 100+ Associate Degrees & Certificate Programs offered
- Access your acceptance letter through your BHCCAdmissions account, which includes your student ID number, username and password for your myBHCC (SelfService) account. Accepted Selective Program students access your account to confirm your seat in the program
- Log into your BHCC email, which is our official method of communication. Information about your courses and financial aid will be sent your college email only
- Apply for Financial Aid: Complete the 2020/2021 & 2021/2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online. BHCC’s school code is 011210
- Complete your course placement testing requirement. This requirement must be completed before you can register for classes. To view all placement testing options and to register to take a test, visit the Assessment Center
- Complete the online Advising and Registration session. This will include a series of videos for you to watch and questions for you to answer. This will take about 1 hour to complete
- Register for classes. Once you have completed the online advising and registration session, you will receive information about how to contact an advisor who help you register. Selective Program students will attend a mandatory orientation followed by an Advising & Registration session
- Pay for classes or set up a payment plan by the due date. Visit Student Central for more information
- Attend a Virtual Orientation for New Students
- Submit Immunization forms (if required). View Immunization Requirements information.
- For information on health insurance requirements visit Student Central Health Insurance.
- Purchase your books and other supplies for your classes. Visit BHCC Bookstore to place your online order.
- Plan your semester and get the resources you need. Review the academic calendar for important dates and deadlines. Visit Digital Learning Tools for additional support while you engage in distance learning.
myBHCC (SelfService) account gives you access to:
- Plan and register for classes, CHAT available
- View class schedule and program requirements
- BHCC Email
- Unofficial copy of transcript
- View Financial Aid
Prior Course Work and Prior Learning Assessment
- Transferring credits from another college or university, visit the Prior Course Work page.
- Interested in learning about credit for prior learning? Contact Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) to discuss any learning acquired outside of the traditional college environment that might qualify for college credit.