Welcome to the Division of Academic Support and College Pathway Programs!
The Division of Academic Support and College Pathway Programs (ASCPP) provides effective, dynamic and student-centered services designed to guide and support the process of achieving academic and personal success. ASCPP strives to achieve this through three primary avenues: 1) academic support services, 2) individualized learning opportunities and 3) college pathway programs.
Each student is a unique learner and the Division is dedicated to working collectively to meet the individual needs of students, ensuring a respectful and supportive learning environment, which enhances the classroom experience and values the diversity of the College community.
The Division of Academic Support and College Pathway Programs offers a number of unique programs and services.
Academic Support Services
- College Connection - Academic support for Developmental reading and writing courses
- Language Lab - Multimedia language learning
- Student Success Program - TRIO program providing academic support and transfer assistance to accepted students
- Tutoring and Academic Support Center (TASC) -Tutoring services offered in multiple subjects
Individualized Learning Opportunities
- Boston Welcome Back Center - Assist people who were nurses in other countries become registered nurses in MA
- Center for Self-Directed Learning - Flexibly scheduled courses
- Prior Learning Assessment - Earn college credit for outside learning and experience
College Pathway Programs
- Community Based Initiatives - Partnerships with community based initiatives
- High School Partnerships - Dual Enrollment, Early College, Gateway to College, Curriculum Alignment, HS Articulation Agreements
- Instructional Centers
- Summer Transition Program - For new students to progress through developmental levels prior to fall entry
The Division also supports the work of several grant-funded programs, housed at BHCC: