How to get started with the Learn and Earn Program:
Step 1: Review the eligibility requirements.
- Academic status: active degree or certificate-seeking BHCC student enrolled in a minimum of two courses.
- Coursework: completed at least 12 college credits, two courses in your major, min GPA of 2.7.
- Legal status: authorized to work in the U.S.
- International students: must have completed a Fall and Spring semester of at least 12 credits each.
Step 2: Come in for a required meeting with a member of the Learn and Earn team to explore internship options.
Bring a copy of your transcript and your latest resume to the meeting.
Drop in hours are available every day in LifeMap Commons, Room E235R on the Charlestown Campus:
- Mondays 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Fridays 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Step 3: Attend Learn and Earn information sessions. Here are some upcoming dates:
- Monday February 3, 10:30-11:30 a.m. in E225
- Thursday February 6, 5-6 p.m. in the D-Lounge
- Wednesday February 12, 2:30-3:30 p.m. in E225
- Thursday February 20, 1-2:15 p.m. in the D-Lounge
- Tuesday February 25, 2:30-3:30 p.m. in E-225
- Wednesday March 5, 9-10:00 a.m. in E-225
Step 4: Prepare your resume. Polish your interviewing skills.
Attend a resume workshop and an interview preparation session. View schedule and sign up online at bhcc.mass.edu/LearnandEarn. Also, meet with a staff member for a Resume Critique during walk-in hours at the Career Center.