- Use the Commonwealth Honors Center (E-145) for studying.
- Explore intriguing topics and create your own research project in the Honors Seminar.
- Present your research project by participating in the statewide Undergraduate Conference.
- Work with your professors on individual honors projects and receive Honors designation for those courses.
- Enhance your transfer applications and scholarship opportunities.
Commonwealth Honor scholars are guaranteed transfer to the Commonwealth College at UMass/Amherst or Honors programs at any Massachusetts state college or university where you have been accepted. Students in the CHP can also participate in the Commonwealth Transfer Compact, Joint Admissions Program, and the Tuition Advantage Program for transfer to four-year public colleges and universities in Massachusetts. Participation in this program will also enhance applications to private four-year institutions.
Members of the Commonwealth Honors Program have transferred to such schools as Tufts University, Wellesley College, M.I.T., Smith College, Amherst College, The Commonwealth College, The University of Pennsylvania, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Yale University, Cornell University, Boston University, Boston College, and Brandeis University.