In order to be considered for most federal, state and institutional financial aid, a student must:
- be accepted to and enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting program at BHCC;
- have a valid Social Security number;
- be a citizen, national or permanent resident of the United States or its trust territories;
- maintain at least half-time enrollment status;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- maintain compliance with Selective Service registration requirements;
- not be in default on any previous student loan or in repayment of an educational grant.
Students who have obtained a previous bachelor’s degree at any U.S. or foreign institution are not eligible for most types of financial aid.