“I am a new student and want to enroll in a degree or certificate program.”
Apply for Admissions:
- Apply to BHCC.
- Provide BHCC (Admissions & Registration Desk, Room B203, Charlestown Campus) with a copy of your high school diploma, transcript if a graduation date is recorded on it, or GED.
- Original documents may be requested. If documents are not in English, an official translation must be attached.
- There is no application fee.
- If you are claiming entitlement to in-state tuition, submit the Massachusetts In-State Tuition Eligibility Form.
Please note: Health and EPUT programs have additional admission requirements and a selective admissions process. Visit academic departments for specific requirements.
Apply for Financial Aid Online:
Financial assistance is available to help you finance your education. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and fill out the FAFSA form. When completing the FAFSA online, be sure to list Bunker Hill Community College in the “Schools Information Section.” BHCC's code is 011210. Once you have been accepted to the College and BHCC has received your FAFSA, you will be notified of any additional requirements.
Take the Assessment Test:
- Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) in reading, mathematics, and English are required.
- Testing is offered on a walk-in basis (no appointment necessary) in the Assessment Center, Room B118, Charlestown Campus. Call 617-228-2468 for hours. Testing is also available on the Chelsea Campus. Call 617-228-3377 for hours and location.
- If you have completed a mathematics or English course with a grade of C or higher at an accredited institution, you may be eligible for exemption from testing. Submit a copy of your transcript or grade report to Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203.
Register for Classes:
- Following acceptance to the College, newly accepted students will receive a letter inviting them to attend a START SMART Session to select and register for courses. Information about registering for a START SMART Session is included in your acceptance package. At your START SMART Session, Advising staff will assist students with appropriate course selection and answer all related questions.
- Submit immunization documentation – Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, section 15C, requires that all full-time (enrolled in 12 or more credits) and all students (full- and part-time) enrolled in in health career programs present evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, and three doses of hepatitis B vaccine. Students in the health career programs also must present evidence of immunity to varicella and Mantoux testing for tuberculosis. For measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B, serologic proof of immunity is acceptable.
- Students who fail to present the required information within 30 days from the date of registration are not allowed to register for subsequent semesters or receive final grades until the immunization form is received by Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203, Charlestown Campus. Immunization forms become part of the student's permanent file and therefore cannot be copied, transferred, or returned. Download the immunization forms.
Pay Tuition and Fees:
- Payment due date appears at the bottom of the registration statement and in the course schedule booklet. You may pay online by American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, from a checking or savings account, or at the Student Payment Office Window, Room B219, Monday-Wednesday 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m., Thursday 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. You may also set up an automatic payment plan online through FACTS/NELNET Business Solutions. Payment plans are not available at the window or during the summer sessions and mini-semesters. Our online services for full payment and payment plan is available during opening hours to avoid long lines as well as nights, weekends, and during school and office closures. Payment may also be made by telephone at 1-866-519-0785, by credit/debit card, or from a checking or savings account.