“I am an international student and I want to attend BHCC.”
Apply for admission:
- Fill out the International Student Application Form and submit your application to the International Center, Room E236, Charlestown Campus.
- Attach an official copy of a high school diploma or GED certification, TOEFL with a score of at least 423 on the paper-based, or 113 on the computer-based TOEFL; or a score of at least 38 and a minimum writing score of 15 on the Internet-based TOEFL; or the IELTS score of a minimum 5, and a $35.00 application fee (U.S. dollars). All documents must be original or certified true copies. If documents are not in English, an official translation must be attached.
For more information on the TOEFL visit www.toefl.org
For more information on the IELTS visit www.ielts.org
Complete the I-20 Application Form:
Complete the I-20 Application Form if you plan to attend BHCC on a student (F-1) visa.
- Submit an Affidavit of Support or a notarized letter from your sponsor stating that the sponsor will be responsible for your educational and living expenses for the duration of your studies at BHCC.
- Also submit an official bank statement showing sufficient funds in a bank account to cover total educational and living expenses for one year. This amount must be a minimum of $20,500 U.S. dollars. The statement must be dated within 30 days of your I-20 Application Form. (You will need another affidavit to present to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.)
Take the placement exams:
- Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) in reading, mathematics and English are required for students with a TOEFL score of at least 500 on the paper–based TOEFL or 173 on the computer–based TOEFL or 60 on the Internet–based TOEFL. Students who score below the above scores must take the LEOP in English as a Second Language. Students can obtain more information about the test at the Assessment Center, Room B118, on the Charlestown Campus, or by calling 617–228–2468.
- If you have completed a mathematics or English course with a grade of C or higher at an accredited institution, you may be eligible for exemption from testing. Submit a copy of your transcript and grade report, in a sealed envelope, to the Admissions and Transfer Counseling Office, Room B202, Charlestown Campus.
Register for classes:
- Following acceptance to the College, newly accepted students will receive a letter inviting them to attend a START SMART Session to select and register for courses. Information about registering for a START SMART Session is included in your acceptance package. At your START SMART Session, Advising staff will assist students with appropriate course selection and answer all related questions.
- Submit immunization documentation – Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, section 15C, requires that all full-time (enrolled in 12 or more credits) and all students (full- and part-time) enrolled in in health career programs present evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, and three doses of hepatitis B vaccine. Students in the health career programs also must present evidence of immunity to varicella and Mantoux testing for tuberculosis. For measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B, serologic proof of immunity is acceptable.
- Students who fail to present the required information within 30 days from the date of registration are not allowed to register for subsequent semesters or receive final grades until the immunization form is received by Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203, Charlestown Campus. Immunization forms become part of the student's permanent file and therefore cannot be copied, transferred, or returned. Download the immunization forms.
Pay tuition and fees:
- Payment due date appears at the bottom of the registration statement and in the course schedule booklet. You may pay online by American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, from a checking or savings account, or at the Student Payment Office Window, Room B219, Monday-Wednesday 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m., Thursday 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. You may also set up an automatic payment plan online through FACTS/NELNET Business Solutions. Payment plans are not available at the window or during the summer sessions and mini-semesters. Our online services for full payment and payment plan is available during opening hours to avoid long lines as well as nights, weekends, and during school and office closures. Payment may also be made by telephone at 1-866-519-0785, by credit/debit card, or from a checking or savings account.