“I am not seeking a degree – I just want to take classes.”
If you plan on enrolling in a math, reading, or English course (or a course with a math, reading or English prerequisite) you must take the Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) before registering for classes.
Take the Assessment Test:
- Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) in reading, mathematics, and English are required.
- Testing is offered on a walk-in basis (no appointment necessary) in the Assessment Center, Room B118, Charlestown Campus. Call 617-228-2468 for hours. Testing is also available on the Chelsea Campus. Call 617-228-3377 for hours and location.
- If you have completed a mathematics or English course with a grade of C or higher at an accredited institution, you may be eligible for exemption from testing. Submit a copy of your transcript or grade report to Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203.
- All students who wish to register for an ESL course may be required to take the ESL placement test prior to registration. The tests determine the levels at which students begin their studies.
Register for Classes:
- If you are claiming entitlement to in-state tuition, submit the Massachusetts In-State Tuition Eligibility Form.
- Review the current course schedule and select the classes you are interested in taking. You must meet BHCC’s prerequisites even if you are not seeing a degree or certificate at the College. Search for availability of courses.
- Submit a completed Registration Form and all supporting documentation to the Admissions & Enrollment Services, B203 to register for courses.
- Submit immunization documentation – Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, section 15C, requires that all full-time (enrolled in 12 or more credits) and all students (full- and part-time) enrolled in health career programs present evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, and three doses of hepatitis B vaccine. Students in the health career programs also must present evidence of immunity to varicella and Mantoux testing for tuberculosis. For measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B, serologic proof of immunity is acceptable.
- Students who fail to present the required information within 30 days from the date of registration are not allowed to register for subsequent semesters or receive final grades until the immunization form is received by Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203, Charlestown Campus. Immunization forms become part of the student's permanent file and therefore cannot be copied, transferred, or returned. Download the immunization forms.
Pay Tuition and Fees:
- Payment due date appears at the bottom of the registration statement and in the course schedule booklet. You may pay online by American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, from a checking or savings account, or at the Student Payment Office Window, B219, Monday-Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Thursday 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. You may also set up an automatic payment plan online through FACTS/NELNET Business Solutions. Payment plans are not available at the window or during the summer sessions and mini-semesters. Our online services for full payment and payment plan is available during opening hours to avoid long lines as well as nights, weekends, and during school and office closures. Payment may also be made by credit/debit card, or from a checking or savings account.
- Health Course Fee $35/credit
- Health Insurance Fee
- Fall 2016 Semester: $1629.00
- Spring 2017 Semester: $1,088.00
- Liability Insurance Fee: $15
- Parking Permit Fee: $30
- Permits for students are required on the Charlestown Campus