International Students

“I am an international student and I want to attend BHCC.”

Apply for admission:

  • Apply to the college by completing the Application for Admission.
  • Submit an official copy of a high school diploma or GED certification. High school diploma or foreign equivalent must be submitted in originals certified true copies in original languages, accompanied by an official English translation.
  • Submit Proof of English Proficiency. If you are applying from overseas and English is not your first language, you are required to submit proof of English proficiency.
    • TOEFL: internet-based test (iBT) - minimum score of 38
    • IELTS: minimum score of 5.0
    • iTEP: level 3
    • PTE: minimum score of 37
    • IKEN: minimum of 2A.

Test scores should not be more than two years old. Other tests of English proficiency maybe considered.

  • Submit an Affidavit of Support Form or a notarized letter from your sponsor stating that the sponsor will be responsible for your educational and living expenses for the duration of your studies at BHCC.
  • Also submit an official bank statement showing sufficient funds in a bank account to cover total educational and living expenses for one year. This amount must be a minimum of $21,100 U.S. dollars. The statement must be dated within 30 days of your application (You will need another affidavit to present to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.)
  • If you are in the U.S. on a student visa, please also submit a copy of your visa, copy of your I-20 and the Previous Enrollment Form filled out by the international advisor at your current school.

If you wish to submit paper-based application to Bunker Hill Community College, please visit or for more information the International Center web page.

Take the placement exams:

Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) in reading, mathematics and English. Students can obtain more information about the test at the Assessment Center, Room B118, on the Charlestown Campus, or by calling 617–228–2468, or by visiting the Assessment Center website.

  • If you have completed a mathematics or English course with a grade of C or higher at an accredited institution, you may be eligible for exemption from testing. Submit a copy of your transcript and grade report, in a sealed envelope, to the Admissions and Transfer Counseling Office, Room B202, Charlestown Campus.

Immunization Documentation:

  • Submit immunization documentation – Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, section 15C, requires that all full-time (enrolled in 12 or more credits) and all students (full- and part-time) enrolled in the health career programs present evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, and three doses of hepatitis B vaccine. Students in the health career programs also must present evidence of immunity to varicella and Mantoux testing for tuberculosis. For measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B, serologic proof of immunity is acceptable.
  • Students who fail to present the required information within 30 days from the date of registration are not allowed to register for subsequent semesters or receive final grades until the immunization form is received by Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203, Charlestown Campus. Immunization forms become part of the student's permanent file and therefore cannot be copied, transferred, or returned. Download the Immunization Record.

Pay tuition and fees:

  • Payment due date appears at the bottom of the registration statement and in the course schedule booklet. You may pay online by American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, from a checking or savings account, or at the Student Payment Office Window, Room B219, Monday-Wednesday 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m., Thursday 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. You may also set up an automatic payment plan online. To pay from overseas by wire please see our International Payments page.